Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Denim Question....

nabottle

A-List Customer
As someone who is still learning, I have what may be a stupid question for you about denim jackets. Some of you have stated that it's a good idea to get a new pair of jeans wet, and then wear them until they dry. That way, they will conform to your body shape. QUESTION: Is this also a good idea for denim jackets? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I've never heard of any denim jackets being shrink to fit so there would be zero point to it. I am not up on all the brands by any means though, specially the fancier ones.

simonc

Practically Family
No, just try to buy it as close to your size and if its sanforized it won't shrink at all - as far as models for a vintage look you are safest with anything pre 1960's Lee or Levis.

majormajor

One Too Many
Most won't shrink, but beware, because some do. I have a lined Levi Type II repro, made from Jap denim, which shrank a good inch in every direction when washed. Unfortunately, the lining didn't!

Also, the Devils Jackets mentioned in another thread are specifically described as "wash to shrink":D;)

nabottle

A-List Customer
Most won't shrink, but beware, because some do. I have a lined Levi Type II repro, made from Jap denim, which shrank a good inch in every direction when washed. Unfortunately, the lining didn't!

Also, the Devils Jackets mentioned in another thread are specifically described as "wash to shrink":D;)
Very helpful, Major. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic