Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Grail Found! :D

strokes1251

Practically Family
I have gotten lucky and found yet another grail for my collection! I have been trying to get a motorcycle jacket from the 40s with the union label still intact and the mouton collar in wearable shape and of course in a size a I could wear and I have succeeded! Also a jacket without zippered sleeves but instead buttoned sleeves :D. Anyways I had been saving up for a Lost worlds Trojan and saw one I liked on ebay but we had a bad case of "communication" so I put it out of my way until later on (still want it of course) but I gave ebay one last search before getting off and this bad boy was there calling my name. Its made by Ralph Pugh Company Inc of San Francisco CA and Ill just let the pictures do the talking. Dont you just love it when something good happens to you every once in a while? :D P.S i know the pictures arent the best Ill try and take better ones later on :)

1534m8o.jpg

1zh2s0i.jpg

2utg8qx.jpg

11bhkqg.jpg

2nu0fls.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I don't know very much about them. Their factory was located at 530-532 Howard Street, San Francisco, California. The building still stands. They sold leather goods under the "Top Notch" and "Diana Leather Sportswear" labels (men's and women's respectively).

There's little need to comment on how incredibly fantastic this jacket looks. Can we see the back?

strokes1251

Practically Family
I don't know very much about them. Their factory was located at 530-532 Howard Street, San Francisco, California. The building still stands. They sold leather goods under the "Top Notch" and "Diana Leather Sportswear" labels (men's and women's respectively).
Thanks thats more than I got. All I got were 2 other jackets from listed on ebay.
There's little need to comment on how incredibly fantastic this jacket looks. Can we see the back?
There really isnt, thats why the more pictures the merrier! I took some of the back (doesnt have the same back as I Trojan but thats okays :p) and some of the underarm and of the snaps. They are by United Carr :)
s5l8wl.jpg

mw47yv.jpg

11b5bis.jpg

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
That's a corker Strokes, an absolute ripper and in great condition too.

Hope you've got your bike licence and are saving up for a nice classic bike to go with that ;)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Score of the year so far I'd say... Thing looks like you took it off the rack yesterday! Amazing!!!!! Glad it went to an appreciative Lounger!

Worf

strokes1251

Practically Family
Score of the year so far I'd say... Thing looks like you took it off the rack yesterday! Amazing!!!!! Glad it went to an appreciative Lounger!

Worf
Yes defintley gonna be my score of the year for sure! It does look brand new from the inside as well no tears its almost like it wasnt used for the last 80 years :eek: Im sure as hell gonna keep it even when it wont fit, its a once in a lifetime opportunity to own an awesome piece of wearable history :D

strokes1251

Practically Family
Youre a Size 38!!!! How do you do it, hahah..do you eat regularily, like 3 times a day.

AWESOME JACKET, totally AWESOME!!!

Congrats on a great jacket! Nice to hear some good news coming from the 'Bay.

Lol its hard but the only way to go now is up 38 is the smallest I can possibly do -.- and thanks guys sometimes ebay is the best honey hole if you can keep it in the US. :)

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
Can anyone nail down a date for Stroke's jacket ?

Seems later than this one although I would of thought this one was 1940s.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
His is late '30s into the early 1940s. More likely on the early '40s side of things. The one in the book is early '50s.

strokes1251

Practically Family
@winterland1 thanks and I'll try and do that :)
@Dinerman awesome that makes me happy. I figured it out by looking at your zipper dating thread :D

Sent from the vision of division using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo