Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another reason why wearing a Fedora RULES!

Fortino37

Familiar Face
Yes it's me

Thank you silhouette53 and yes it's me, that picture was taken the day I married by the man law, my wife and me went to a photo studio and when the photographer saw me in my dark suit and the fedora he decide to change the color film for a black and white one, and to add a vintage look with the sephia tone, and really looks great.

normal_PICT0171%7E0.jpg

Me and my family six years later in my brother's wedding.

Any body can wear a base ball cap but not everybody has te courage to wear a fedora.
Fortino37

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
GentlemanFarmer said:
Jake and RedPop, My wife doesn't get it yet either. Of course I add fuel to the fire 'cause I'm wearing a Cattleman's crease instead of the sauve bashes you guy's sport. It's Texas(Mars) vs California(Venus).
LOL I was talking to a female friend the other night and I made a comment about not really liking Texas (Austin) on my one brief trip there (I can't take heat). She said, "Of course, they don't have nice hats down there," to which I replied, "You're not serious?" She, in fact, was. I tried to explain that Texas has got to be the fine fur-felt hat capital of the world, that my impression is that cowboys pay a pretty penny for nice big western hats, etc. She just didn't get it. Now, I'm sure I wouldn't feel much like a local if I wore my stingy-brim fedoras in downtown Houston, but I'm also sure I'd recognize some fancy hat wearin' gents left and right, and there would be some degree of affinity, however small.

I like the Texas/Mars Cali/Venus thing. I'm lucky enough to not know a single woman that dislikes my hat wearing.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Having lived in Houston all my life, about the only time I see much in the way of Cowboy hats is when they do the annual big rodeo thing at Reliant Stadium. (And several years ago when the "Urban Cowboy" nonsense went on)

RedPop4

One Too Many
We stayed in the extreme western suburbs/rural area west of Fort Worth during our hurricane evacuation in August and September. We were in and around Weatherford, Texas. I saw men and boys wearing western hats ALL OVER the place. This was not a one time thing/rodeo. This was real life and these guys were wearing their hats.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Fortino, I have to say that I have never seen anyone look more natural in a homberg than you do. That grey one fits you perfectly, and the style absolutely suits you. Wonderful photo, too!

Texas

I have to agree with RedPop regarding the true hat wearers in Texas. Absinthe_1900 was also correct with his observation about Houston. It's the same with Dallas or any other large metropolitan areas. The "true believers" in headwear are out where the "real" folks work really hard for a living. But you know damn well that all big-city, cosmopolitan Texans still have that pair of ostrich boots, starched Wranglers and a Stetson or Resistol in the back of the closet for the Ft. Worth / Houston / San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo that they attend every single year.

I'm sorry Adam that you didn't enjoy Austin. It is the absolute center of the universe as the live music capital of the world. Ask your lady-friend about 6th Street. You better believe that your stingy-brim would feel positively at home on there. Go in the Spring or Fall. Hell, the Winter's aren't that bad either.

ortega76

Practically Family
My wife loves and encourages my fedora wearing. She's even picked one out as an early Father's Day present. She's open about why she likes me in a fedora- it reminds her of her grandfather. He was a kind and wonderful man who was a tremendous influence on her life. Can't go wrong with that standard!

SteaminPete

Familiar Face
I have to say that wife enjoys my hats,but it is my dear mother inlaw
(85-yrs yrs young) that really loves to see me wearing a hat and I enjoy that.

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
GentlemanFarmer said:
Jake and RedPop, My wife doesn't get it yet either. Of course I add fuel to the fire 'cause I'm wearing a Cattleman's crease instead of the sauve bashes you guy's sport. It's Texas(Mars) vs California(Venus).

Stay the course my good man, someday may she'll meet you half way. My wife is getting closer to meeting me at the half way point between Mars and Venus, I guess it makes the rendevous uh... earth.

she'll learn to love you with your lids, it shows you have class.

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
ortega76 said:
My wife loves and encourages my fedora wearing. She's even picked one out as an early Father's Day present. She's open about why she likes me in a fedora- it reminds her of her grandfather. He was a kind and wonderful man who was a tremendous influence on her life. Can't go wrong with that standard!

Keep the tradition alive, though it sounds like tough shoes to fill.:)

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
magus, i decided to test out the potential fringe benefit of extra attention due to hat. My results were i received three female comments during one night out and one who nearly threw herself in my lap so i concur there is something to a guy in a hat.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Pilgrim said:
Fortino, I have to say that I have never seen anyone look more natural in a homberg than you do. That grey one fits you perfectly, and the style absolutely suits you. Wonderful photo, too!

I second this! You look great...just goes to show how good a style looks when the clothes are worn with confidence. Well done! :)

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
GentlemanFarmer said:
I'm sorry Adam that you didn't enjoy Austin. It is the absolute center of the universe as the live music capital of the world. Ask your lady-friend about 6th Street. You better believe that your stingy-brim would feel positively at home on there. Go in the Spring or Fall. Hell, the Winter's aren't that bad either.
Thanks for saying it. I'm sure it was the circumstances and people I was there with that were the real problem :eusa_booh I've always heard such good things about Austin in particular, I'll have to give it another go someday. If 6th is that main strip, I did love the fact that every single barfront/restaurant/etc. had some lively stuff going on.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
GentlemanFarmer said:
I have to agree with RedPop regarding the true hat wearers in Texas. Absinthe_1900 was also correct with his observation about Houston. It's the same with Dallas or any other large metropolitan areas. The "true believers" in headwear are out where the "real" folks work really hard for a living. But you know damn well that all big-city, cosmopolitan Texans still have that pair of ostrich boots, starched Wranglers and a Stetson or Resistol in the back of the closet for the Ft. Worth / Houston / San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo that they attend every single year.

It's good, I'll agree. Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Butch Hancock. See, good taste does exist on this side of the pond !!lol

By the way, did you ever see Dallas from a DC9 at night ?

funneman

Practically Family
Fedoras rule!

When I pick up my daughter at pre-school the women in the office just make the biggest fuss over my hats.

When I showed up hatless at my daughters graduation, the lady at the front desk said, "Where's the hat?" I pointed to my wife and said "She doesn't like the hats." The woman looked at her and said "YOU don't like the hats? We LOVE the hats!"

It's not often I see the wife at a loss for words!

baytowngreaser

New in Town
funneman said:
When I pick up my daughter at pre-school the women in the office just make the biggest fuss over my hats.

When I showed up hatless at my daughters graduation, the lady at the front desk said, "Where's the hat?" I pointed to my wife and said "She doesn't like the hats." The woman looked at her and said "YOU don't like the hats? We LOVE the hats!"

It's not often I see the wife at a loss for words!

Oh man, my wife is the same way!

Yes women do seem to pay more attention to a man in a nice hat..

-eddie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara