Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Aero jackets which are similar in style to the Highwayman?

westinghouse

One of the Regulars
I have a black Highwayman on the way and really like this simple yet classic style and length. I was thinking of getting a Highwayman in brown as well, but that might be too repetitive. What other Aero jackets are similar to a Highwayman that I should consider purchasing?

What modifications can you make to a Highwayman to make it look more unique than a standard Highwayman?

Navin323i

Practically Family
westinghouse said:
I have a black Highwayman on the way and really like this simple yet classic style and length. I was thinking of getting a Highwayman in brown as well, but that might be too repetitive. What other Aero jackets are similar to a Highwayman that I should consider purchasing?

What modifications can you make to a Highwayman to make it look more unique than a standard Highwayman?

I'm not sure if you've seen the Aero Leather USA picture gallery site but it was definitely a huge help for me when I was deciding on the Aero leather jacket I ordered. You'll be able to see for yourself what jacket styles you like and what looks similar to the Highwayman.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/aeroleatherusa

As for modifications for making it look more unique, I'm going that same route myself, hence the reason why I'm not revealing the specific jacket I'm purchasing from Aero since I want to "surprise" you all. :D

As for the question as to what modifications you can do to make it look more unique than a standard one, there's so much you can do... use the standard one as your baseline and just "change the look of it" so that it doesn't look like your baseline. :)

jchosko

Familiar Face
I have an Aero HG-5 that I purchased used from ebay some time ago. I believe the HG-5 is the exact same jacket as the Highwayman, only with a one piece back, A-2 style windflap, and snapdown collar, and no stitching around the wrist area.

here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aero-Leather-HG...mQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Outerwear?hash=item5ad7d39d2c

I believe many of Aero's jackets are based on the Highwayman pattern and cut though, not just this HG-5, but it may be one of the closest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats