Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Cravat Wearers Out There?

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Very handsome, G&T. I've been trying to find a nice red cravat for a while. Perhaps a little brighter in shade than that, though. The one you have looks a bit dark for me.
Thanks, Shangas! The image on G's Emporium is somewhat deceiving. It's actually very vibrant, with the red having a nice sheen to it. I may try to load some pics of me wearing it sometime soon if I get the chance.

lol@Davey_Speedstar - Naw, she's a keeper. She's very awesome in many ways, she just doesn't know the first thing about stylish men's attire. I think she may slowly be coming around though, so we'll see how things develop :D To be fair, me dressing stylishly on an almost-everyday basis is a new thing she isn't used to. I used to be a pretty sad jeans and tee shirt kind of guy, until I finally got sick of it recently and had my own personal style revolution.

The truth is, the outer me is starting to much better reflect what the inner me has been for a very long time; I guess now I'm just old enough and at a point in my life where I no longer care whether the world approves of my style or not, so I'm just going for it. Comfortable in my skin, as they say.

Last edited:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
foto-1.jpg

Finally landed this RAF striped scarf (silk and wool blend) - only £ 3.00 on Epay....I am having a very happy easter! :)

Hi Folks

I see many more fedora's then I see cravat's and the fedora's are few and far between. I feel a cravat is a great casual yet classy look for any gentleman. I intend to start including them in my wardrobe.
Best regards
CCJoe

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, when things cool off a bit in the Sonoran Desert, I tie on a cravat every so often. To be honest I make mine out my my worn out silk shirts. They look very posh after knotted !

-dixon cannon

Hi Folks

Is there an art form to tying a cravat? Is it less difficult or more difficult then tying a bow tie?
TIA for comments, reply's and opinions.
Best regards
CCJOE

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't believe there is any "art" in it. I just tie mine like a regular necktie and then don't tuck in the last bit. I then flare it out somewhat and forget about it. I suppose if it were some formal affair one might pay more attention, but there isn't a lot to pulling off the cravat look. -dixon cannon

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
I wear them from time time to time, however I reserve that for the cooler months. While they look very natty, they are not something I can wear when it is in the high 70's F. as it also tends to get very humid here at times. Now that the cooler months have returned I will pull them out. They work very nicely with my Harris Tweed jackets for a less formal look with class.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Generally speaking, with regards to ascots or cravats as you will, they can be tied in one of two basic ways typically, though there is a third less used manner of tying of which I am also less fond. So, the first and most common (and least dressed up) manner of tying and wearing one's cravat, is a simple once over knot, basically one side is twisted about the other and arranged and puffed up within the un-buttoned collar of one's shirt, the second and by far the most elegant and refined manner of wearing the cravat, is tie it in a square knot, and this is always done wrapped about the outside of the collar, and typically done with a stand-up collar and this manner of wearing and arranging the cravat usually utilizes a stick pin of some sort to hold the puffed ends of the knot in place (and they are usually tucked within a waist-coat) - this method also looks excellent when worn within the open collar, whereas the first mentioned method cannot and should not be used with a closed stand up collar. Finally there is what is typically referred to as the Ruched knot, which is a four-in-hand knot tied with a cravat as opposed to a regular neck tie. I am very fond of linen, woolen, and cotton cravats and of silk-cashmere blend cravats as well for my equestrian wardrobe and country wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21