Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Good Hat Shops In Atlanta?

RedPop4

One Too Many
Not to be a jerk, or anything, but, do you own a phone book?
Look up hats or haberdashery in there, then place a few calls. Or, at least, if you get names, maybe someone here has dealt with one. I understand your reasoning for questioning, but it seems you're on the ground there.

Again, sorry to be an arse.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
RedPop4 said:
Not to be a jerk, or anything, but, do you own a phone book?
Look up hats or haberdashery in there, then place a few calls. Or, at least, if you get names, maybe someone here has dealt with one. I understand your reasoning for questioning, but it seems you're on the ground there.

Again, sorry to be an arse.

Believe me, I've already looked and have come up with nothing. I've always gotten my hats on-line, or while traveling. I've never shopped around here for one. I have a hard time believing we don't have any.

warbird

One Too Many
There have to be hat shops down there. Look on the internet or yellowpages.com. hatters, haberdashers, mens shops. You're there, you can become the go to guy on where to get stuff.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I got some of the same results shortly after posting the question, but I was hoping to find something on the West side of town. I found one on this side of town called "The Hat Rack". I went there during lunch. I even called before I went to verify they carried fedoras......they had 100's of ball caps and maybe 8 very cheap fedora's. It looks like all the really good shop will be down town.

Maybe I should have clarified my question:

Is there anyone who lives here in the Atlanta area who knows of a good hat shop that they have been too? So that I don't waste my time running all over town looking for one.

If not, I guess I will be the ground guy here.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Maybe this will help you...

I am not familiar with any hat shops in Atlanta; however, I have been told that Warmser Hats in downtown Chattanooga (423) 266-5083 806 Broad St is a good source. I have not been there myself, but...

Good luck.:)

Chanfan

A-List Customer
I was just in the Atlanta area - briefly - for work. I peeked about a bit online before going. But, to be honest, I didn't see anything that grabbed my interest. Given that I have access to a decent enough new hat shop locally to me, it would have to have been of particular interest to get me to go (in the time that I had).

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The sad fact is that there are very few hat stores left in the US today . Someone on the lounge should make up a list of stores. There are probably less than 2 dozen left today.

Steven
www.bencraft.com

mingoslim

Practically Family
A list of stores . . .

Sound right up my ally . . .
One thing I like to do is research, archive and compile . . .
Of course, my wife says it is because I am OCD . . . but nahhhh!

I will start a new thread and we will begin this project today.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:
I grew up in Athens & Atl. & other than some overpriced vintage in little 5 pts. I know of nothing this side of Chattanooga.

Rick I believe that you are correct. I grew up for the most part in the suburbs of Atlanta. I still have family there and have looked for hats on numerous occasions. Guess what ? Zip, nada, zilch is what I found, other than the 5 points rip off artist. So much for plantation straws linen suits and the old southern charm, Atlanta just is not even close to what it once was. As for Sherman, do not even get me started on that one.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
mingoslim said:
Do you notice that the Executive Shop seems to offer only low quality, wool felt on its Web-page . . . not the place i would send someone to.

Yes, That is why I was hoping someone knew of a really good shop, custom work, restoring, etc., not just cheap off the shelf stuff. Thank you for recognizing that.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
Bud-n-Texas said:
Rick I believe that you are correct. I grew up for the most part in the suburbs of Atlanta. I still have family there and have looked for hats on numerous occasions. Guess what ? Zip, nada, zilch is what I found, other than the 5 points rip off artist. So much for plantation straws linen suits and the old southern charm, Atlanta just is not even close to what it once was. As for Sherman, do not even get me started on that one.

Thank you. I'm glad to see there are some here who know what I'm up against.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bud-n-Texas said:

Atlanta is a real failure as an urban area. An urban donut is more like it. As was once said of LA "there is no there, there."

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Might be worth a try

I don't know, but maybe Augusta or Savannah may have some hat shops. We are planning a trip to Savannah in Sept. I will take a look around then. Macon, may even be a possibility. The Varsity is about the only thing worth going into Atlanta for any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24