Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any interest in a Badalassi Petrolio (blue) jacket?

andyfalzon

Vendor
I sense some here might not like what I posted. But it's nothing but the truth. We just ask a little patience to be able to deliver to you the best jackets. In fact, it is a great privilege to be able to put an order in. The tannery would not accept orders by email, they wouldn't even answer the emails. We had to show up to their front door in Italy to make them talk to us and take our order. All this is well documented and there are influential people around here who know all about it as they witnessed it at the time it was happening.

Last edited:
Andy,
How long would it take to procure leather from Badalassi?
And then, what would be a realistic timeline for a jacket?

andyfalzon

Vendor
About 1 month to get the leather, about 1 month to make a jacket. Starting from September because tanneries close in August.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Andy, this project is going to be killer. If I had the extra dough id be very tempted to jump on board! I'd do the jacket with light OD thread and liner (to get some good contrast). Did early grommet zippers ever feature OD tape? If so that'd also look great IMO (to elevate to color contrast further)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff