Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any interest in a Badalassi Petrolio (blue) jacket?

I've been thinking about a Kelso jacket in the dark blue Badalassi leather...not the Ortensia of the Few A-1, but a shade darker (Petrolio)...

At Kelso, they will do it if I can find 2 more people to have jackets made in the same leather ( to hit the minimum order quota).
So I thought I'd test the waters out there.
Any interest?

Last edited:
I would say yes, but I'm hesitant based on current customers still waiting while new patterns are being built. Love that hide and color. Not so much being held captive waiting for something that never comes. I would be very interested if I had more confidence.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, love the colour. Had an East German army jacket of similar colour at uni, was devastated when it started to fall to pieces - leather was just knackered, but endless evenings in the student union bar didn't help:D

If anyone wants to see the Thurston blue samples PM me. I'll send them out. Thought it would be good to share them. I'm waiting to hear if I can get a sample of the BK hides now. The blue will be te deciding factor for me.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, the Thurston blue's pretty strong. If BK can get that petrol blue into production and onto a good looking jacket, they could have a real contender.

I'm not sure if BK has samples of the Badalassi to send.
My impression is that they have a board with all the Badalassi colors on it, and they would need to meet a minimum order to get the hides in-house. Although there is always a "work-around" I'm sure...

Well, I asked. We'll see what PLATON says tomorrow. I think he'll want to shut me up so he's motivated lol

Not sure what I'd make of a "yes we do" answer. Material inventory seems to be an issue with them.
I've received that reply now 3 or 4 times over the past year in regards to my BK orders......only to later hear they were out when I checked to see how my orders were doing. [huh]

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Maybe this vaunted new investor will apply the financial oil needed to get the wheels turning smoothly.[huh]

andyfalzon

Vendor
I want to thank our friends and customers for waiting for their jackets. I need to explain some things which have already been more or less mentioned by Platon at the other forum, so that there are no misunderstandings. There is a restaurant in Eagle Ski Club in Switzerland that has a waiting list of 3 years. Although we are not a restaurant we have something in common. People are waiting patiently for their turn because they appreciate what they will get. And we have a difference too. The long waiting at the restaurant is because they have a long queue. We at BK don't have a long queue. The long queue is at the tannery. This is not your ordinary mass production tannery. They do everything by hand and that takes time. We cannot force the tannery to go faster. We are (and you should be too) thankful that this tannery even talks to us. They are doing us a favor selling their leathers to us (while they reject GUCCI), so when they ask us to wait, we wait patiently. This tannery makes the best quality leathers in the world. They are at the top of the world. You cannot get better than this.
Here's a jacket made with this tannery's Victory horsehide sold at some shop. I have deleted the details for obvious reasons.

victoryg1.jpg

The same jacket sells at £3,343 in London.

Long waiting is associated with things of value and good quality and we 'd like to kindly request our customers (who have the chance to get this quality at 75% discount) to be a little more patient and less complaining. I hope that you understand that due to the extreme high price of these leathers we cannot stock very large quantities. I also hope you understand that we are no charitable institution. The reason we kept the price so low for so long was to give the opportunity to the market to know our products.

We were unable to serve Jeff and some other guys as leathers run out before we could make their jacket. We apologized for this and promise to make theirs first when the new batch of leathers arrives.

We will very soon have an affiliate thread on this forum and there will be able to discuss everything in details and give the proper replies to your queries.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure what to make of this one. I'm no leather expert, but what can you do to a piece of horse skin to make it worth its weight in gold? I appreciate the thread though, it does give some insight. not so taken with the delivery though. might need further prodding to get one. I do love the new designs, and when the time is financially correct, might hit one up. After I get my next Aero of course :p only kidding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats