Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any rosacea sufferers out there??

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
As I'm getting older my rosacea seems to be getting much worse, so I bit the bullet yesterday & had my first consultation for laser treatment. The lady tried a test patch (which was 2" square) at my jawline. It seems to work, there is a definite difference between the level of flushing on the treated and untreated areas.

I go back next week for the full treatment. If the test patch is any indication, this may work really well for me - I'm quite excited about it.

Miss C

New in Town
lolly_loisides am so pleased for you that you have tried the laser treatment and that it seems to work! My GP informed me that laser treatment is only available privately and not on NHS so it looks like I won't be going down that route!! Let me know how you go with future treatments! x

Kishtu

Practically Family
Since I went back on the Pill after Will being born, I've found that I have a patch just between my eyebrows (niiiiice) and down the sides of my nose. Being a dark redhead with very pale skin, you can imagine this looks slightly unlovely!
I don't take medication for it *but* I did find that it cleared up dramatically after I started taking a Vitamin C supplement and using rosehip oil as a moisturiser.

I've added a couple of drops of rose and frankincense essential oils to the rosehip oil, they being good for mature skins and flare-ups.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Just re: the Vit C - once you start, mine took about a week to see a difference - but you can't stop :(

If I stop taking them, I break out again pretty much straightaway.
Grrrrr.

Miss C

New in Town
I stopped taking my anti biotics on Sunday and stop using the finacea, as yet my skin has not changed at all. Must remember to get that vit c, how much to you take? Cx

stephenjones

New in Town
Nowadays Rosacea and acne is become common disease especially in younger people. There are various good kinds of treatment such as Topical creams, Antibiotic Medicine, lasers, Pulsed-light therapies, Photodynamic therapy, Isotretinon, Antibacterial washes etc.

Two things did it for me.
Juicing.
Laser treatments.
Juicing I started to lose weight and get healthier. A side effect was much better skin. That's it. Laser is expensive and not covered by insurance. But it was worth doing for sure. Takes 7-10 days for the bruises and bumps and redness to go away. Good luck all. It's a crappy thing to deal with. It's always right there in the mirror.

Last edited:

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
^^^^
ButteMT61, how many laser treatments did you have? I'd be interested to know.
Just thinking about it, rosacea must be worse for men, at least the ladies can wear foundation to try and hide it. You fellas don't have that option.

Last edited:

Kishtu

Practically Family
... unless they're David Beckham, Lolly :p

The Vit C is just the cheap stuff from Lidl - 1 tablet a day. I've started taking brewer's yeast as well but that's to try and improve my hair and nails more than anything else - I don't think it's connected!

^^^^ButteMT61, how many laser treatments did you have? I'd be interested to know.Just thinking about it, rosacea must be worse for men, at least the ladies can wear foundation to try and hide it. You fellas don't have that option.
Funny you should ask! Just had #2. She was really amazed at how well it worked - as was I. being fair-skinned, she said it actually (for once) works better on "us". My face feels like hell right now, but it only lasts a day or so. it will bruise and look like you got stung by a nest of bees for about a week. And I'll tell you what - I indeed wore foundation on my nose last time. I had the weekend and two days of healing before going into the office, but my nose was a little too goofy looking so I did it.
lol I'm OK with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy