Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody else own "The Gay Falcon" collection?

MrZootSuit

New in Town
A few months ago I was in my favorite movie and music store, Princeton Record Exchange, and in the classics/film noir section and came across "The Gay Falcon". I picked it up and it contained 10 of the Falcon series movies, but it seemed to been have been printed on someone's computer, but for $5 I figured how could it go wrong? I loved the movies but would like to know where they came from and if there are any more coming. The only info in the movies was the text 'digitally mastered by jeffreyAB'. Any info on these movies would be greatly appreciated!
F1.jpg

F2.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I enjoyed those movies. George Sanders stopped playing the Saint to play the the Falcon, which was escentially the same series. When he left George's brother, Tom Conway, took over, as the Falcon's brother.

I agree that it looks like somebody made the DVD at home. Still a great deal.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Wow, how terminology changes over the years...I have never heard of this "edition," but I'd spend $5 for it. Both brothers were good actors, although I think I like Conway a bit more than the sometimes elitist-sounding Sanders. I wonder if this can be located on the Internet...

Note: Just saw on the net that the discs can be purchased for $14 each! There are also, what appear to be, three other British-made Falcon movies available.

Last edited:

MrZootSuit

New in Town
I was hoping someone else might own this and know where it came from, it seems like an awful lot of work to do at home for just one copy. I found out that there were a total of 16 movies, the last three with John Calvert that were flops. However I'd still like to see/own the six others just to have the whole set even if they are bad. Just like I have the two earlier "Maltese Falcon" movies, I'd love to get a DVD of "The Black Bird" the 1975 'squeal'.

Del Ray

New in Town
I was hoping someone else might own this and know where it came from, it seems like an awful lot of work to do at home for just one copy. I found out that there were a total of 16 movies, the last three with John Calvert that were flops. However I'd still like to see/own the six others just to have the whole set even if they are bad. Just like I have the two earlier "Maltese Falcon" movies, I'd love to get a DVD of "The Black Bird" the 1975 'squeal'.

The John Calvert you mentioned just turned 100 years old on August 5, 2011. Still going strong and a legend amongst magicians; Mr. Calvert once toured the world with a massive, Old School, grand style magic show.

Del
http://oldschoolrules.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925