Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody own a Schott Black Stallion? Thoughts on it?

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Hi All,

First post here and very excited to be a part of the forum!

Just purchased a Schott Black Stallion today after some intense research on the jacket. Seems that as it was produced by Schott as a private label for Legendary, info on it is limited as are reviews from those who purchased one. The best I could find was someone on here who purchased the "Wild Stallion" variant and did some interesting dyeing with it. I'll of course post pictures when mine arrives next week.

Would love to hear from anyone else who has owned the jacket as to how it has aged over time. This purchase comes at the heels of a 118 and 613 (which is now for sale in size 40 if you're looking) which were both beautiful jackets but sadly not exactly what I was looking for. Also curious about the sizing experiences others have had. I'm selling my 613 because it's too tight, at 44" with my chest measuring 43.5". The only size available for the Black Stallion jacket was 42, so I'm hoping that I won't be swimming in a 48" chest...fingers crossed.

Additionally, as I've seen some discussion on the matter in previous threads, I've already spoken with Legendary and Schott who both have stated that this jacket does NOT have the dreaded "fusing" present on some of Schott's other horsehide jackets so no need to ignite that war in this thread haha.

Thanks again and I look forward to enjoying the forums.

Damo

A-List Customer
Congrats on the new purchase! I don't have any experience with it but I've heard good things about it. Can't wait to see the pics and read your review of it.

So you're selling 613? Would love to see pics and what your asking for?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great purchase! Many times I have come close to buying one. I think it is the best value D-pocket on the market, particularly considering it is in Horse hide. I will be very interested in hearing your thoughts once it arrives, and of course seeing some photos. I think for the price, they are pretty hard to beat in that category.

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
the hh schott use age in a beautiful way. I purchased one here from a member and the sleeve creases and the grain is amazing.
As for the fusable felt it isn't bad the hide is only stiffer.
I own one.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Congrats on the new purchase! I don't have any experience with it but I've heard good things about it. Can't wait to see the pics and read your review of it.

So you're selling 613? Would love to see pics and what your asking for?

Hey Damo,

I am selling the 613, I'd pm you details but I couldn't find a message option. It's up on ebay now but I'm not certain of the forum rules regarding that so I'll wait before posting. Don't want this thread to get deleted/locked etc.

Message me though if you know how haha

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
the hh schott use age in a beautiful way. I purchased one here from a member and the sleeve creases and the grain is amazing.
As for the fusable felt it isn't bad the hide is only stiffer.
I own one.

Good to know! I couldn't ever see myself ripping apart a new jacket to remove a liner, nice knowing I'm not the only one who wasn't so bothered by it haha.

IXL

One Too Many
I have one in brown, size 42. I do better in a 40 but this jacket seems to fit me just fine in it's "Plumbline" fit, with a bit of room for layering. The horsehide is the slightly "plasticey" finnish and has flaked off of the collar edges a very little bit....gives it that "broken-in old friend" look.
All in all I have been quite pleased with this jacket. Once, while wearing this jacket and at a Route 66 hangout, the kind that always has 50-60 motorcyclists milling around, a very strikingly attractive, put together woman, the kind who's legs go all the way to the ground and looks like a fashion plate, walked out of the restaurant. She was just standing there, scanning the area, as all the guy's jaws dropped. She walked past most of the crowd and right up to me, remarking "Sir, I just have to tell you that 'that' is a very good look for you!" She then strode off......don't think I removed the jacket for two or three days........

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I have one in brown, size 42. I do better in a 40 but this jacket seems to fit me just fine in it's "Plumbline" fit, with a bit of room for layering. The horsehide is the slightly "plasticey" finnish and has flaked off of the collar edges a very little bit....gives it that "broken-in old friend" look.
All in all I have been quite pleased with this jacket. Once, while wearing this jacket and at a Route 66 hangout, the kind that always has 50-60 motorcyclists milling around, a very strikingly attractive, put together woman, the kind who's legs go all the way to the ground and looks like a fashion plate, walked out of the restaurant. She was just standing there, scanning the area, as all the guy's jaws dropped. She walked past most of the crowd and right up to me, remarking "Sir, I just have to tell you that 'that' is a very good look for you!" She then strode off......don't think I removed the jacket for two or three days........
Yes yes and yes! I love it when a plan together...

Damo

A-List Customer
I saw a couple of 613 on eBay. One NWT and another one bought last year. I really like the jacket but the size 40 looks like it would be very tight. Good luck with your sale.

I've heard only great things about it, and considering it's made by Schott, there's really no question about it being a serious, top quality riding jacket.

Once, while wearing this jacket and at a Route 66 hangout, the kind that always has 50-60 motorcyclists milling around, a very strikingly attractive, put together woman, the kind who's legs go all the way to the ground and looks like a fashion plate, walked out of the restaurant. She was just standing there, scanning the area, as all the guy's jaws dropped. She walked past most of the crowd and right up to me, remarking "Sir, I just have to tell you that 'that' is a very good look for you!" She then strode off......don't think I removed the jacket for two or three days........

And you just let her walk away, why again? ;)

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Also would love to see some fit pics, my jacket arrives tomorrow (weather permitting, Boston is getting covered) and I will post pics but my personal opinion is that new leather jackets look like **** all stiff and unbroken in so id love to see pics of how it turns into.

Also, to the guy who said he owns one in a 42, what size does your chest measure? I ordered a 42 as well but I'm really worried that it will be too big for me. My chest measures 43.5-44".

Benproof

A-List Customer
Hmm...I might be the only one left of the field here in the UK.

I bought one just over a year ago and haven't worn it at all. Its just too damn shiny in horsehide and looks like a fashion model piece rather than a motorcycle jacket.

It's a great fit but takes ages to zip and belt it up..very warm but more of a cruiser bike thing than a street bike jacket ( I slip the armour underneath).

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars

I bought one just over a year ago and haven't worn it at all. Its just too damn shiny in horsehide and looks like a fashion model piece rather than a motorcycle jacket.

It's a great fit but takes ages to zip and belt it up..very warm but more of a cruiser bike thing than a street bike jacket ( I slip the armour underneath).

Keep wearing it. The shine will fade to a nice patina.

Benproof

A-List Customer
Thats the problem...its too nice to wear :)

I like the vintage oiled Schott perfecto better - it wears straight out of the box from new.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars

Id definitely agree that it's a cruiser jacket. I think it would look very out of place on a street bike. But I'm on a 73 kick only ironhead so I won't have that problem haha.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Id definitely agree that it's a cruiser jacket. I think it would look very out of place on a street bike. But I'm on a 73 kick only ironhead so I won't have that problem haha.

I hope your ironhead is more reliable than my old EVO....I've lost half of summer riding troubleshooting all sorts of issues....my jacket I bought in August for summer still looks brand new. I'm considering wearing it while walking the dog to put some miles on it.....;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR