Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ever seen this?

57dynelstrawhat.jpg

This is an ad from 1957. I know it has been 48 years but does someone out there have one of these in any of the brands listed? I would love to see how this works.
The ad says: "Head into coolest summer in history---with the lightest airiest hat you ever wore, a Dynel. Keeps its shape even in a downpour. Spots whisk off with a damp cloth. New fashion-right styles and colors in such leading brands as Lee, Disney, Knox, Dobbs, Stetson, Mallory at fine stores everywhere."
The ad looks impressive but what does it really do?

Regards to all,

J

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
dynel

Dynel is a synthtec material that was used to make hats in the US starting in the 1950's . They gave it up because the hats lasted too long . Basically ,the hats is made of plastic .It's a great hat to wear in the summer and it breathes . Borsalino used to make the hat as well . They gave it up in 1985.
Today , the only maufacturers of this hat are a company called Mayser from Germany .
Let me know if you want one . :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot