Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone get their new Vanson delivered recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

New in Town
Got a reply from Vanson, they wont refund the order as they say it is in the works, 3 more weeks at the most they say. I was told 3 months ago it was almost done, so we will see. I really dislike that these posts are so negative, but unfortunatly that is the Vanson experiance. I wouldn't want anyone else to fall into the same situation without being warned. I don't know, I have to assume that at one point it was a good company but they seem to have lost their way, I can honestly say Nicole was the worst customer service experiance of my life and that was just the beginning. I really hope others have a better time of it with this company.

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
...and all this time I thought it was just me that had so much trouble and a complete lack of service from Nicole.

Got a reply from Vanson, they wont refund the order as they say it is in the works, 3 more weeks at the most they say. I was told 3 months ago it was almost done, so we will see. I really dislike that these posts are so negative, but unfortunatly that is the Vanson experiance. I wouldn't want anyone else to fall into the same situation without being warned. I don't know, I have to assume that at one point it was a good company but they seem to have lost their way, I can honestly say Nicole was the worst customer service experiance of my life and that was just the beginning. I really hope others have a better time of it with this company.

Johann, I haven't been following this thread religiously, so I probably missed it. When did you order your jacket?
(EDIT: Never mind. Found it. Looks like you ordered around the same time I did...about 6 months ago. Hopefully 1) you will be getting your soon and 2) that bodes well for mine.)

Johann, any word on your jacket?
I double checked when I placed my order with Vanson..it was the end of September, 2010, about 8 1/2 months ago. Haven't heard anything from them since then.
Just emailed them to see where things stand.
Looks like I ordered mine before you ordered yours.

Johann

New in Town
It's been seven months for mine, got an email saying it would ship 3 june, but no tracking info so I am still waiting. Maybe it's on it's way, maybe not. Hopefully it will be here next week.

Capncurly

New in Town
I ordered a stock size 40 enfiend in a non-black color at the end of Feb. I was told that because the only custom thing was the color, it would be 6 to 8 weeks. At 8 weeks, I called and they told me it would be an additional 3 weeks. After those three weeks, I called and was told it was practically done and would be "one more week, two tops." Those two weeks are over tomorrow, and still no sign of my jacket.

I ordered a stock size 40 enfiend in a non-black color at the end of Feb. I was told that because the only custom thing was the color, it would be 6 to 8 weeks. At 8 weeks, I called and they told me it would be an additional 3 weeks. After those three weeks, I called and was told it was practically done and would be "one more week, two tops." Those two weeks are over tomorrow, and still no sign of my jacket.

Best of luck.
If your experience is the same as mine, you have about 4 or 5 more months to go.
I received an email from Vanson noting that they have had to change tanneries twice since I ordered my jacket back in September, and apologizing that nobody got in touch with me to let me know what was going on.
They noted they were still waiting for the color I ordered to come in (walnut brown) and asked if I wanted to change the color to dark brown, as they should be getting some of that in soon.

tone12

New in Town
Very disappointing to hear of all the delays. I love my Vanson Manx jacket and was looking at ordering from them again. I wonder what is going on with the supply chain that would cause a change in tanneries twice in less than a year.

Capncurly

New in Town
As my most recent "two weeks, tops" was over today, I called Vanson to check on the status of my jacket. The guy who answered, after taking my info, said "You're jacket's almost ready. It'll be there in two weeks, tops." When I said "that's the third time you've said that to me" he got his feathers ruffled and said "Well, I don't know what to tell you," in a very snappy tone. I patiently said that I was just trying to get a better idea of when my jacket would be in because it stinks getting my hopes up every two weeks just to be disappointed again. He softened a little and said that my jacket was completed and has been sitting in storage with a bunch of other jackets at JFK and that they were just waiting for someone from Vanson to go pick them up (in a week, maybe more). Once they got to the store, they'd be shipped immediately. So, I guess that means mine was made in their new site and that my jacket wasn't made in the US, which I'm OK with so long as the quality is still good. I don't know what the hold up is with actually collecting the jackets from JFK; he really made it sound like they'd been there a while. I hope there is not a problem w/ them clearing customs, but I'd almost rather that be the problem than simply "no one has gotten off their butt to go get them yet."

IXL

One Too Many
Vanson could pay a courier service around $75.00 to pick up a load from JFK within 1 day of arrival.

Johann

New in Town
They have excuses for everyone and everyone gets a different one. I like the idea that my Vanson jackets are from the same town as Lizzie Borden,Fall River that is, kind of gives em a little story. But I will be happy to conclude my business with them and never go back. What an exhausting company to deal with! Almost as long a wait as I used to have with Aero usa. Who needs it?

I actually have 2 Vanson's on order. Both placed during their "VanBucks" promotional.
My second order was placed in October, about a month after my first. Also a Model "B", a "House" jacket through Logan's Closet.
Just heard from them that they have received the jacket and are shipping it out. Looks like it will beat my earlier order.

too much coffee

Practically Family
I actually have 2 Vanson's on order. Both placed during their "VanBucks" promotional.
My second order was placed in October, about a month after my first. Also a Model "B", a "House" jacket through Logan's Closet.
Just heard from them that they have received the jacket and are shipping it out. Looks like it will beat my earlier order.

Hey that's good news Jeff!
Gotta take the pics when you receive it.

Regards, coffee

kyboots

Practically Family
At least they answered the phone when you called even though customer service still could be improved. I am sure It will get even better if oders stop for a while; I could never get them to answer their emails when I inquired about purchasing a jacket. That is when I bought my first Aero; have never looked back.-----John

Peacoat

Bartender
When I communicated with Vanson about my jacket, it was by telephone. They were always prompt, knowledgeable and helpful. That was a few years ago.

IXL

One Too Many
When I communicated with Vanson about my jacket, it was by telephone. They were always prompt, knowledgeable and helpful. That was a few years ago.

Oh, yeah, they used to be a great company to deal with: great service, product, and delivery. And all the jackets were actually manufactured in the U.S. This was all before they filed bankruptcy. Everything seems to have changed after that. I hope they become aware of how off-putting they have become and then manage to change for the better.

53Effie

A-List Customer
I wasn't aware they had filed for bankruptcy. When did that take place? I was suspecting financial issues during my dealings with them last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats