Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have an Aero Thunder Bay...

slicker63

Familiar Face
Does anyone have an aero Thunder Bay pic to post..

Done a search with out any success...
I'm about to pull the trigger but would love to see a few pics of one on...

Thx

Peacoat

Bartender
I have a Thunder Bay, but the pics are on another laptop. Won't have time tonight to find them, but might try tomorrow if no one has posted a pic yet.

I got mine through Wade/Carrie and got a perfect fit. They look better in person than they do in the pics on the Aero website, and they look mighty good on the website.

Based on the changes needed from my fit jacket, Aero has now modified the cut of the Thunder Bay. Another poster here on the lounge experienced the same problems with his jacket. The waist was cut way too big. I think Wade took out about 5" when mine was made. I sent pics to Wade of the oversized waist/hem, and he nailed the fit when my TB was made. He also nailed the fit in the chest, torso length and the sleeve length. I can't say enough good things about the way they take most of the guess work out of fitting Aero jackets (or any of the jackets they carry). In my opinion, it is the only way to go when ordering from Aero. P.C.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I agree with Peacoat.
I had 6 Aeros- 3 bought directly with Aero and 3 bought from Thurston Brothers.
The 3 directly from Aero were all sold on ebay.
The 3 from Thurston Brothers were a perfect fit.

slicker63

Familiar Face
I have a Thunder Bay, but the pics are on another laptop. Won't have time tonight to find them, but might try tomorrow if no one has posted a pic yet.

I got mine through Wade/Carrie and got a perfect fit. They look better in person than they do in the pics on the Aero website, and they look mighty good on the website.

Based on the changes needed from my fit jacket, Aero has now modified the cut of the Thunder Bay. Another poster here on the lounge experienced the same problems with his jacket. The waist was cut way too big. I think Wade took out about 5" when mine was made. I sent pics to Wade of the oversized waist/hem, and he nailed the fit when my TB was made. He also nailed the fit in the chest, torso length and the sleeve length. I can't say enough good things about the way they take most of the guess work out of fitting Aero jackets (or any of the jackets they carry). In my opinion, it is the only way to go when ordering from Aero. P.C.

Thanks Peacoat, that's very kind of you.....
I found the thread with the over sized waist ... and want to avoid this obviously...
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?75712-My-New-Aero-Thunderbay

My last Aero... a Grizzly bought through Archer Adams in London , was a perfect fit... he measured me up in person....

I'll be ordering through Aero this time as i'm EU based and Archer doesn't supply any more , so any help is greatly appreciated.....

Just by the way.... does anyone know why Aero aren't doing the Horse hair finish Grizzly any more

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Re the Grizzly... if you ask, they might still do it as a special order. I suspect it's simply not that popular a design.

slicker63

Familiar Face
Re the Grizzly... if you ask, they might still do it as a special order. I suspect it's simply not that popular a design.

Thanks Edward... I've got one... but was just curious why it's not on their website ...

I love it... I'm a big guy with a big chest..... and the mouton just didn't help me look any more trim... :)

hipcheck

New in Town
I have the Thunder Bay but I have not busted it out yet, tags still on it. I think it may be a bit big on the shoulders. I need to take some pics and post.

slicker63

Familiar Face
I have the Thunder Bay but I have not busted it out yet, tags still on it. I think it may be a bit big on the shoulders. I need to take some pics and post.

Really look forward to seeing your pics.... especially to see how they dealt with the waist..

Peacoat

Bartender
Really look forward to seeing your pics.... especially to see how they dealt with the waist..

Aero has altered the cut. The oversized waist/hem shouldn't be a problem this time around. Just tell them your concerns, along with your measurements, obviously, and it will be cut down substantially from what it was when they first started the design.

The highs later in the week here in Middle Tennessee will be in the 30s, so it will be time for me to try it out and see how it deals with cold weather.

Last edited:

slicker63

Familiar Face
Thanks Peacoat... really reassuring to know.....

Looking forward to your pics , soon as you bust out yours out....

and hipchecks's lol....

It's early 20's here at night already ... could do with a TB right now

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Wore mine today... High 30's low 40's.. in the 20's now. Mine has the "loose" waist but if I want I cinch it in. But I find I like it a little less pinched at the bottom. Kept me cosy all day and I am very happy to have it fit so well off the rack. The only thing I hate are those snapped sleeves. would've preferred a straight cuff with storm cuffs inside. But hey... if I ever get one done to order that's what I'll order.

Worf

Peacoat

Bartender
Wore mine today... High 30's low 40's.. in the 20's now. Mine has the "loose" waist but if I want I cinch it in. But I find I like it a little less pinched at the bottom. Kept me cosy all day and I am very happy to have it fit so well off the rack. The only thing I hate are those snapped sleeves. would've preferred a straight cuff with storm cuffs inside. But hey... if I ever get one done to order that's what I'll order.

Worf

I don't mind the snapped cuffs, but in retrospect, I do wish I had ordered the storm cuffs. Wade mentioned them in passing, but I elected to stick with the original design.

Wore mine the other day when it was about 38. Was walking the dog (no, not Rufus Thomas' dog*) and got a bit overheated with the exercise. Sun was still up, so that made it a bit warmer.

______
*Anyone old enough to understand that reference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925