Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have the Schott 28" Brown Antique Vintage Motorcycle Jacket 585?

pipvh

Practically Family
Honestly? It looks like a mall jacket. All the 'character' they've given the leather seems to have stripped it of any character whatsoever. For that money you could find a killer vintage piece or a 2nd hand Aero or Langlitz.

But that's just me...

Navin323i

Practically Family
I'm not sure if you had a chance to read all the feedback posted on the Schott site for that particular jacket you're looking at but one of feedbacks definitely caught my eye... specifically the one where they say that the side buckles are not really functional (all show and no go). If I were to spend that kind of money on a jacket then I'd want it to be a fully functional jacket.

Do you know if you'll need to do any sizing adjustments on the jacket? If so then that would add to the jacket price and bring you closer to Aero leather jacket pricing.

It's funny that I had my heart set on getting a Schott horsehide jacket months back and my search brought me to the fedora lounge site here (which I had never heard of) and to Aero leather jackets (also which I had never heard of). Now I have an Aero leather jacket on order made to my specific sizing requirements at no extra charge. :D

Whatever jacket you decide to go with I hope you enjoy it in good health. :)

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
I tried one on at a store over the weekend (Victory dealership in Lebanon NJ). Gotta admit I wasn't impressed given its 500 dollar pricetag. For 300 or less I'd consider it but at 500 its getting uncomfortably close to Aero and Vanson territory.

The cowhide was very soft and a bit on the thin side. Also has a crinkly faux vintage finish that I'm not a fan of.

Just an FYI, I have nothing against the brand - in fact I own multiple Schott jackets. I wish Schott would just make a brown steerhide version of the 689 tracker - I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That'd evaporate any future plans to purchase a highwayman.

South

One of the Regulars
I had one for a short time. That is a $300 jacket, at best. Way overpriced in my opinion at the over $500 price point.

The leather is thin. It feels "dry" - I suppose from the fake distressing. It's thinner leather than their non-distressed motorcycle jackets.

I like the style and would love a non-distressed version, from someone like Langlitz in their medium-wight cowhide.

767fo

One of the Regulars
I have a new one in an XL have worn it twice. I will sell it for 300 plus 20 for priority shipping. This is a great jacket for the price.

Dav

One Too Many
Thats a coincidence I've got an XL that I want to sell also, the problem is it cost me so much to get it to the UK I can't recoup a quarter of the price.
The best thing I can say about it is that it lead me to the FL and then to aero. I think it is definatly over priced, oh well live and learn.
As for the side adjustment straps you can do them up but only 1" each side so I dont suppose that really counts.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
I think this is a far nicer Schott. It's similar in that its a waist-length jacket with bi-action pleats and shirt collar. Wish it came in steerhide and in brown too.

ff81a184689hblkfrt-1.jpg

jimmer_5

Practically Family
captaincaveman1 said:
I think this is a far nicer Schott. It's similar in that its a waist-length jacket with bi-action pleats and shirt collar. Wish it came in steerhide and in brown too.

ff81a184689hblkfrt-1.jpg

I agree with everything you said 100% - altough I would add that I wish it was available in Long lengths........

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Shott Quality

Shame about the quality of Schott! I have a late 80s G1, tough as nails, only wear is on the corner of the fake fur collar. Sadly it has shrunk a bit, don't know why, seems to be contagious from what I have read hear!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats