Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apollo's Bomber Jacket from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Edward

Bartender
Looks like a cross between a tanker, an MA1, and a B10... Bit too "modern" to really fit my aesthetic, but I do think it's a clever design for the show. Very conceivable evolutionary design from the historical jackets we know.

Is this new BSG or old BSG?

Stand By

One Too Many
What an interesting website there, Brettafett ...
Did you see the Original Star Trek uniforms for the ladies? The blue science officer one? I can think of a few ex-girlfriends who could have pulled that look off ... Hellooooo Nurse! Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

Oh, yes ... the jacket. Yes, it looks good to me. Very faithful to the original. Fair price.
Of course, the girlfriend at home - who has a complete and utter aversion to all things sci-fi -would go completely MENTAL and then KILL ME if I ordered one.
Mind you, she complains that I dress too "old" and "too much 1943" for her taste and she wishes I'd "wear something more modern"... so maybe I should go for the "future look" instead - does it get more "modern" than that?! - and see what she says ...!!!
Hmm. On second thoughts, I'll stick with 1943. It's safer.

DesertDan

One Too Many
.....Of course, the girlfriend at home - who has a complete and utter aversion to all things sci-fi -would go completely MENTAL and then KILL ME if I ordered one.
Mind you, she complains that I dress too "old" and "too much 1943" for her taste and she wishes I'd "wear something more modern"... so maybe I should go for the "future look" instead - does it get more "modern" than that?! - and see what she says ...!!!
Hmm. On second thoughts, I'll stick with 1943. It's safer.

You could always go full "Bladerunner" on her and see how that goes." :D

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I remember correctly, Indy Magnoli has done a very good replica for a client of one of the original series' Colonial warrior battle jackets.

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
Looks like a cross between a tanker, an MA1, and a B10... Bit too "modern" to really fit my aesthetic, but I do think it's a clever design for the show. Very conceivable evolutionary design from the historical jackets we know.

Is this new BSG or old BSG?

It's from the new cable series.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
This is all I can think of when it comes to wearing SyFie outfits! [video=youtube;BniYDVWyrQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BniYDVWyrQk[/video]

Stand By

One Too Many
Now THAT had me laughing out loud (I've not seen the latest series) !!! What a good way to start the day. The most consistently funny and wittiest show ever IMO.
And did you see the one with Amy and Sheldon playing "Doctors and Nurses" - the way Sheldon wanted it - and he's lying on the couch and she's in the original series blue science officer dress with a toy medical tricorder ... frickin' HILARIOUS!

And having done what I always said I'd never do - and go to a Star Trek convention (and NEVER AGAIN), it's even funnier.

Edward

Bartender
It's from the new cable series.

Thanks. I liked the original, but the new one is a whole different level. I've got the miniseries on DVD that they opened it with - must get around to picking up the rest (never been on non-subscription TV here).

This is all I can think of when it comes to wearing SyFie outfits! [video=youtube;BniYDVWyrQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BniYDVWyrQk[/video]

That was great.

Now THAT had me laughing out loud (I've not seen the latest series) !!! What a good way to start the day. The most consistently funny and wittiest show ever IMO.
And did you see the one with Amy and Sheldon playing "Doctors and Nurses" - the way Sheldon wanted it - and he's lying on the couch and she's in the original series blue science officer dress with a toy medical tricorder ... frickin' HILARIOUS!

Every single one of their references is perfectly crafted, and - the real genius, IMO - never over-explained. I'm a big fan of their portrayal of academia, which is frighteningly close to reality on occasion.

And having done what I always said I'd never do - and go to a Star Trek convention (and NEVER AGAIN), it's even funnier.

About twenty years ago, a friend of mine went to one in Belfast. Another attendee, a member of the official club (they're all organised into starships, with ranks, correct uniforms etc) challenged my friend (a non-club member) over his right to wear Captain's rank. Really quite wound up about it. "Oh," said my friend, "I've come as a Romulan spy in disguise as a Starfleet captain." "Ah!" said the guy. Smiling now. "That's ok, then." and wandered off. Mind blowing. I'm gagging one year to get to the big Comic Con in San Diego, myself...

Stand By

One Too Many
About twenty years ago, a friend of mine went to one in Belfast. Another attendee, a member of the official club (they're all organised into starships, with ranks, correct uniforms etc) challenged my friend (a non-club member) over his right to wear Captain's rank. Really quite wound up about it. "Oh," said my friend, "I've come as a Romulan spy in disguise as a Starfleet captain." "Ah!" said the guy. Smiling now. "That's ok, then." and wandered off. Mind blowing. I'm gagging one year to get to the big Comic Con in San Diego, myself...[/QUOTE]

Christ. Sounds like when I went to the convention in Toronto. I wasn't going to go but a friend was attending and asked if I'd like to ('cos he knew I enjoyed ST. I Love the original series - but I don't live it, if you know what I mean) and, against my better instincts, off we went.
I was shocked by all these grown men and women in bad makeup and homemade outfits - (not like The Big Bang Theory there) - and a fat guy squeezed into a in a Next Generation uniform with big sweat rings on it, saying "No, no. I am now an Admiral. See my pips? I have been on a 5 year mission in the Beta Quadrant and have been promoted ..." ! OMG.
And then listening to these two blokes dressed at Klingons and one says "Kakkk Hakk Kurrr Kah!" and the other one says "No, no. It's not "Hakk KUR KA Hah. You used the past tense".
"Ohhh, thanks. Good to know." the other one says ... C'mon! It's not real, people! It's a made-up language! You're correcting him - and you're wearing tin-foil!

I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
And my enduring image of the day is one of pity - for a nice looking guy who was by the exit - he was wearing a really good replica of a red Original Series shirt (like Mr. Scott) - and he was in a big wheelchair - a big one but there was more going on with it, so he had some complications there - but he looked so sad and bored and embarrassed to be there - but he couldn't move or leave - not on his own. I felt so sorry for him to be unable to leave as he looked so ready to ... but he was stuck there. I felt so sorry for him as I left ....
Just not my thing. Never again.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
He's probably thinking 'Those costumes are blatantly tin foil, that guy's admirals pips are on backwards and that was the pluperfect tense, not the flaming past tense!'

Brettafett

One Too Many
Ha ha ha... I would love to go to one of these Comic Cons! What a day out!
I'd wear an A-2 and jeans. On the back of my A-2 I'd have a sexy nose art brunette painted with a Star Trek phaser in hand and some bright yellow words, "Klingon Killer"... Would I survive the day ;)

Is this new BSG or old BSG? From the latest series... Possibly Final series.

Stand By

One Too Many
Cylonsslavel.jpg

Ha ha ha... I would love to go to one of these Comic Cons! What a day out!
I'd wear an A-2 and jeans. On the back of my A-2 I'd have a sexy nose art brunette painted with a Star Trek phaser in hand and some bright yellow words, "Klingon Killer"... Would I survive the day ;)QUOTE]
Well, with that combo going on, you might well score with one of the few and very desireable chicks there. They're rare but they do show up ... and a girl who's in to sci-fi is way cooler (and smarter) than a girl who's into the usual superficial stuff IMO.

To show that they do show up, and as only those with an interest in BSG will be looking at this thread, I found this photo online one time and saved it as I'd absolutely swear that's my ex-g/f, Amy. I had no idea she was into sci-fi or went to conventions (she certainly never said!) and would've worn Princess Leia's slave outfit had I asked ...! Arrgghh! Well, you don't think of asking these things at the time, do you?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy