Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Appropriate Attire

icecold

One of the Regulars
I think the seazon is pretty much irrelevant for a trenchcoat (esp. given that a removable lining gives you a gread deal of flexibility).
I rock mine whenever it is chilly enough outside and I feel like it. Girls dig it. it's a killer silhuette, esp. if combined with a fedora, but everybody here already knew that :D

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
I don't have liners that are removable like some of the guys here, so for me, as soon as that air gets frigid like it is now in New England, That's when they're released from my closet. A few more weeks and I'll break out the scarves too. :D

Drew B

One of the Regulars
yes I simply wear mine when It's cold. Down in Australia however its only winter that trench coats are appropriate.

:eek:fftopic: Artigas I see you are a Firefly fan.... I want more seasons....

not going to happen though

Edward

Bartender
I still need to sort out a liner for my Burberry. I also have a couple of sb Burberry macs; one has the lining, which is great. I may well wear that when it gets a touch cooler. The real reason for buying the sb macs was that they are cooler for Summer rainwear than the db trenchcoat (even without lining). I'm now into the trenchcoat for wet days and days I'm wearing a suit; another month or so and the Winter overcoats will be back out.

Artigas

Familiar Face
I'm starting to wish I brought mine with me when I came out to school. It almost never rains here, but it is starting to get cold again... well, I'll be wearing mine back home over break. If my father will let me steal it back. ;)

Drew B said:
:eek:fftopic: Artigas I see you are a Firefly fan.... I want more seasons.... not going to happen though

:eek:fftopic: Amen. And it's getting to be too late--the actors are getting older, interests are moving on. Someday we might see a second generation, but it won't be nearly as good. Some Hollywood type will probably screw up the philosophical point(s) of view, too, and substitute them with whatever politics are popular at the time... I may very well shed a tear... ah, well, c'est la vie.

arthur

Suspended
I got a great classic vintage trench coat at a garage sale a few years ago and I used to wear it constantly in the cooler weather rain or not.Last year though I scored a pristine vintage Robert Hall car coat that,except for rainy weather,I actually prefer.I think as I age my style is getting less flashy, more true to form of what someone like me would actually wear if I were living back then.I remember when I first started getting into vintage clothes and lifestyle I would wear a suit to the grocery store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn