Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

arrival of new aero highwayman

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi,

A few days ago my Aero Highwayman arrived! I hope you like the pictures (if they show up...). The jacket is FQHH in brown, size 42, with inner pocket, cotton twill lining, leather inner back panel and name tag. My next jacket will definitely be a Aero Long Half Belt in brown FQHH.

2934138310105634697EYpqva

2507212260105634697hAHLbA

2488727390105634697nDmPyw

2735441710105634697kvbEfF

goldendawn7

New in Town
Looks great on you, I really like the brown with brown lining. What size did you order vs. what size do you normally wear? How long did it take you to get it?
Regards,
Steve

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks guys! Yes, I am real happy with it. The brown lining is cotton twill, very durable. I think it looks great with the leather. Some measurements:
I am normal build, 6.1 ft (188cm), chest 44 (112 cm), jeans 34-34 size and weight 194 lbs (88kg). The Highwayman I ordered is a size 42. Amanda suggested some readjustmenst for body and arm lenght. The arm length is 25 (63 cm). The back panel is also 25" (measured from the seam of the collar to lower back of back panel). The jacket is still roomy enough for wearing a wooly sweater under it. It fits perfect to me. If you order one of these fine jackets, talk to Amanda and give her your measurements. If you like a loose of snug fit, tell her. Who of you guys also own a Aero Long Half-Belt?

Southernwayfare

One of the Regulars
Great looking jacket - beautiful leather and excellent fit. The leather inner back panel is a great addition. I suspect it will protect the inner lining from premature wear (and it looks good).

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great looking Highwayman and a good fit too. I like the idea of an interior leather panel.

My Highwayman will be coming out again at the end of the week, as our weather is about to turn colder. That's one bonus when you own a good leather jacket, you don't mind the onset of the autumn weather :)

Many congrats and enjoy!

Cheers.

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks! Today I wore the Highwayman in the rain for a while. Can't wait the weather is getting colder. Regarding to Steve's question: I ordered the jacket june 11th and received it last week... Cheers, Andy

jacketquest

Familiar Face
Your Highwayman turned out very nicely. Which fit (snug, loose, avg) did you order?

I also think the back leather panel at the bottom is a great idea. My 9 y/o Highwayman is in need of a reline soon. The cotton drill is fraying at the bottom hem (the very area you have added protection on).

I have a brown FQHH LHB. I like it a lot. I was told that it's 4" longer than the standard HB but this makes a big difference in the fit. It looks and feels more like a coat than jacket.

andy richards

Practically Family
The leather panel on the lower back will certainly give extra protection.
The jacket is average fit. Very comfortable to wear during walking, driving etc. Great fit! What size LHB do you have. Do these come in slim/avg/loose fit as well?

jacketquest

Familiar Face
andy richards said:
The leather panel on the lower back will certainly give extra protection.
The jacket is average fit. Very comfortable to wear during walking, driving etc. Great fit! What size LHB do you have. Do these come in slim/avg/loose fit as well?

I have a size 40 LHB. When I ordered it, I did not specify type of fit. I just had a little extra length added to the sleeves. So other than that it's a standard size 40. However I'm sure Aero would accommodate the type of fit you prefer.

andy richards

Practically Family
Yes, the staff of Aero is very helpful. I am sure they will assist in finding the right size etc. What size suit do you normally wear? And, do you have a pic of the LHB? Cheers, Andy

jacketquest

Familiar Face
andy richards said:
Yes, the staff of Aero is very helpful. I am sure they will assist in finding the right size etc. What size suit do you normally wear? And, do you have a pic of the LHB? Cheers, Andy

I normally wear a size 40L or 41L suit.

I only have a couple of crummy old pics. I'll have to take more:

666174233_mSCkj-L.jpg

666174070_RjkXM-L.jpg

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
My Long Half Belt

That's a sweet-looking Highwayman. I'm sitting here now wearing my close to 3 year-old black FQHH Highwayman. I have the cotton drill lining, but I wish I put that strip of leather across the back like you did to help protect it, although the lining shows almost no sign of wear at all at this point.Here is my brown FQHH Long Half Belt. The photo is about a year old, and the jacket was about a year old at the time.

It's a size 46 long (2" added to body and sleeves) with Reiver Grant Weathered tartan lining.

It shows quite a bit more distressing now. I just have to take some new photos. The weather is finally starting to cool down enough to wear it comfortably.

I love this jacket, and get a lot of compliments on it.

djslhbfront-1.jpg

djslhbback-1.jpg

djslhbpocket-1.jpg

djslhbcollar-1.jpg

On order for me now is a Cheyenne in russet buffalo. Probably lucky to see it by the end of the year, though.

andy richards

Practically Family
Great looking Long Half-Belts! They look really excellent when they have worn! These are really fine examples of quality jackets.
I am now about to order my LHB. Searching the FL forum I am considering these ideas on this jacket:
- brown FQHH
- brown cotton drill lining
- 3" leather back panel
- inner "pistol" pocket on left panel with snap-closure
- inner pocket on right panel with snap-closure
- bi-swing back (that's standard I believe?)
- no "storm cuffs"
- american style cuff
Also I am toying with the idea on placing a shallow "V" shaped yolk on both the front and back. What do you think about this idea?
Cheers to you all!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
WOW what a great color brown!! Incredible.

Very nice fit also. You wear the pants a tiny bit high so I think the jacket is a perfect fit. If you wear looser pants the belt will still be mostly covered.

:arated:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner