Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Don't you just love it when a nice new VS hat arrives at your door - or you wait in line at the bloody post office for 45 minutes as I did today? Never mind the wait, I think the result was well worth it.

For a long time, I've been keeping an eye out for an elusive Stetson model - the Weston:

Screen-Shot-2012-01-29-at-L.png

The Weston is a Whippet with a Mode Edge brim, rather nice looking but I've never seen one other than in this ad.

No worries! Thanks to the nice work of Mr. Fawcett, I now have a hat that is very close to the Weston. Better yet, it is made from Artlite felt (in Dark Moss) and has those little vents in the sides - a hat to keep enjoying as the weather gets warmer. I know that even Art can't come up with a Mode Edge for the brim, but I think his underwelt comes pretty close.

Thanks, Art - I know I'll be enjoying this one!!

D314188-L.jpg

D314194-L.jpg

D314197-L.jpg

D314202-L.jpg

D314198-L.jpg

I tried to show the star shape of the vents, but they don't show very well with the dark felt. You'll have to trust me that they are there - even Lucis Art couldn't quite bring out enough detail.

Last edited:

Brando11

A-List Customer
Wow... What a show! I've scrolled up and down this page three times now. Great hats, gents- every one is one I'd love to wear.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Awesome VS Dark Moss, David! Simple and elegant.
The kind of design that will stand the test of time! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Looks like sahara in my screen, wanna bet? lol lol

Hey Ale, I'll bet my pants that it's a Silverbelly! lol lol lol

By the way, there's a lightweight Silverbelly on its way across the pond. :D
The ribbon choice is once again a simple one: black ribbon, silver bound brim.
In the beginning, I believed my design choices might get more daring as the hats would proliferate. Well, they didn't. lol
I've come to enjoy the simple, classic designs more than ever.

Last edited:

RobStC

A-List Customer
In the beginning, I believed my design choices might get more daring as the hats would proliferate. Well, they didn't. lol

Yep, worked that way for me too! There's just something so 'right' about a mid to pale grey, with a black (or silver) ribbon..... :eek:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Hey Ale, I'll bet my pants that it's a Silverbelly! lol lol lol.

lol lol

By the way, there's a lightweight Silverbelly on its way across the pond. :D
The ribbon choice is once again a simple one: black ribbon, silver bound brim.

I'm with you. I thought exactly the same thing and have tried a lot of different colors and ribbon designs. I've settled for simple lines and palette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy