Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Brando11

A-List Customer
Some great, great examples once again, gentlemen! Rabbit, once again, you've floored me! Can't wait to see that Monti on you-

Best-
-Brando

wmc

Familiar Face
New Blue Smoke VS

I received my new Blue Smoke VS from Art about 10 days ago
but just had time to photograph and post today. Thanks Art !

2 3/8" brim. 5.5" crown. Blue Smoke with Charcoal 1.5" ribbon.

VS001.jpg

VS002.jpg

VS004.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Absolutely beautiful VS, wmc. Nice to see a raw brim again.

The high count Monti will arrive on Friday, most likely. Stay tuned.

dnjan

One Too Many
I am currently going through the USPS torture.
Got the message from Art last week that my Art-lite Sahara had shipped.
Got home Saturday, and there was one of those "attempted to deliver" cards in my mailbox.
I am staying in an apartment building while in Pittsburgh, and the combination of a secure building (no access without key fob) plus the main office being closed on weekends, meant that they couldn't deliver the hat.
OK.
So I go online to have it re-delivered, and they say that re-delivery is not possible for my address!:eeek:

I tried calling them Monday morning, and after 10 minutes on what was obviously a low-bid phone-tree system, I think I was able to request re-delivery. But since I had not done that before 2am, the redelivery could not be attempted before today. :mad:

So the next challenge is to get back to the apartment today before 5pm (when the main office closes) to pick up my hat!

With any luck, pictures later this week.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
So the next challenge is to get back to the apartment today before 5pm (when the main office closes) to pick up my hat!

The pickup windows are often open later than the registers. You may want to call the PO in question to ask how late they are there to accommodate pickups.

dnjan

One Too Many
As far as I can tell, they lock the PostOffice doors at 5pm weekdays. Everything. And the Post Office is a 20-minute walk further.

So any afternoon meetings today will be clock-watchers!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I received my new Blue Smoke VS from Art about 10 days ago
but just had time to photograph and post today. Thanks Art !

2 3/8" brim. 5.5" crown. Blue Smoke with Charcoal 1.5" ribbon.

VS001.jpg

Sharp hat sir. Great color felt. The feather is cool. The feather works with the ribbon and hat.

Best, Eric -

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you for the kind words Gents. You all know I'm not big on feathers but once in a while a hat just screams for one , as in this case. Glad you think it's "right"

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The Wiser Hatter;1445656 [IMG said:
http://gallery.me.com/ewiser/100040/IMG_1999/web.jpg?ver=13359923040001[/IMG]

Ed; That is just truly GRAND! Subtle and handsome dimensions and trimmings. Just a special hat for warmer weather.

Did you choose the ribbon and binding color? If so, nice choices. The Open Road like dimensions give it a classic look. Very good.

Just an aside thought, would you consider changing the attire of your hat with putting a pug over the ribbon? Is this something that one can do with a milan? Does it put any of the weave in danger?

Nice hat sir. Congrats. Eric -

dnjan

One Too Many
Here is the ArtLite in Sahara that I received this week:

ArtLitrSahara1_1c.jpg

5" crown (as dented) and 2-1/8" brim.
I had asked for a very conservative ribbon treatment, and Art hit it exactly!
This is my "summer, with a chance of rain" hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn