Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
"Mikespens I will try but I am just a guy who takes a picture now and then so no promises of a good night shot of the rock... with or without hat ???"

Just kidd'n OG, nice shots but how about what dnjan said: "Put the hat on the other "rock"???" The one your mom's talking about :)

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Man this is a tough crowd.....;):D

OK this is the best I could do by using the time delay ...

25tu7x3.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
STX - great shots of the ArtLite. I always loved the ribbon treatment on that hat.

OG - great VS. The colours are close to my Sahara version.
Love your VS family shot in the other thread as well. You've got a very nice VS collection.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
OG, that is an excellent picture of you both.

SpX: thanks for an inspirational travel photo. I still seek a rollable 7.5 that would be subjected to just such treatment.

Last edited:

Mitral

New in Town
One centimeter would be quite a difference. I recommend to re-measure your head at the largest circumference (in most cases, that's half an inch above the eyebrows, and half an inch above the tip of the ears). Do the measurement repeatedly to find out the perfect size. Once you have arrived at the presumed perfect size, it may be helpful to make a "sweatband" of your own by using some duct tape to fixate the measuring tape on itself; after that, put it back on your head. You should (only just so) be able to pull the measuring tape-loop down on your head, beyond the largest circumference. In other words, it should fit the largest circumference snugly, but not tight. Try slightly different "sizes" by using the tape loop at different settings.

Another question would be: Did you take the conformer measurement tilted or straight? It should be done straight; the conformer is supposed to sit just where the measuring tape sits (see above).

If the measurements prove to be o.k., a wooden bandblock from Art might help solve the issue.

Indeed 1 centimeter is quite a difference. When the conformer and tape measure were mailed to me, I spent a good hour getting the conformer just right. Exactly where my sweatband rests. 1 finger above my eyebrows and 1 finger above the ears. In regards to the actual measurement, both my wife and I measured my head a half dozen times each and I took the average which was 60.8 cm. That sounded reasonable because I wear a 61cm hat. The curious part is that Optimo in Chicago measured me at 61.75 cm Long Oval which I thought to be to big. When I measure my head with my wife's tape measure out of the sewing kit, my wife and I repeatedly get 61.5cm - 61.7. Hopefully that Optimo of Chicago should fit when it arrives at the end of the month! Could the previous tape measure been stretched out? Possibly.....

I'll experiment with the artificial sweatband. Thanks for the tip. Also, thank you Rabbit for all your images. It helped me choose this beautiful Pecan color. Your experience and hat collection help a lot of people make some tough decisions!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Messieur, thank you for all of your compliments

I love the ribbon treatment on this one too, when Art makes me a hat I always tell him to let loose on his creativity for the ribbon.

Mitral

New in Town
OG, Sahara with the copper ribbon look fantastic. I was waffling between Pecan and Sahara. I choose Pecan because I wanted something darker for this fall. If it was earlier in the year I certainly would have chosen Sahara. I'll save that color for next time. Your beautiful images confirm that!

Speed, were you nervous the first time you rolled it? I would have been. That just proves the quality of these creations we adore so much!!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Thanks again everyone for the compliments...

Mitral, a slight correction as the felt in this VS is Mojave and not Sahara. The Mojave color is a bit lighter than the Sahara. However I think both shades would go quite well with that color ribbon should you decide to purchase next spring.

DJH I had been looking for a hat with those color combinations for quite some time, I missed out on a Borsalino and Thank you for nice words on my VS Collection.

randooch the other guy with this hat in my pics is the evil twin

Kaosharper1, Yes it is, Art did his usual wizardry with this hat, reblocked to my size, new sweatband, new liner, and new slightly larger similar rust ribbon.. Exactly what I had been looking for......

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
After arriving home yesterday this was on my front door step.
A beautiful Mojave with 12 L rust ribbon...

Taking a page from Eric's book of VS pics .....

246jqfr.jpg

And Seabass likes his brim up sometimes so I thought I would try that.....

14wkn5.jpg

My mother always said I had a head like a rock.....:D

That is a GOOD looking fedora sir. The mojave and rust ribbon are the bee's knee's in combos. Well done! The pics - well who can argue with a great outdoor arbor presentation. Bravo!

You have good taste on colors in your VS hat family.

Eric -

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WoW Im Late to the VS Party !
Awsome hats to all !
OG the rock looks best with brim UP ! yea ! & thats a Beautiful Rock. The Mojave is Beautiful your self-portrait is a great pic you have to print that up & frame that pose in you home & great shirt combo. Simply Killer.

Mitral, the pecan is also a Beauty Big-Time !

Rabbit, Blue Linen suit is nice . I want one..Hat & suit,Great pics ! My silverbelly Art-Lite should hit the Block soon cant wait.....

SpeedRcrX,...... Thats the nicest Back-Pack ive ever seen..wow Foldable Art-lite in Black. Yea !

Clossoner, The Granite is a winner Goes great with your Goatee.. & you & your Wife make a Cute Couple ! & I love Old Trains you 2 look Great Together cool cap too..
check out my Old Trains here.:cool: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...an-Francisco&p=1479933&viewfull=1#post1479933

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Mitral : Art told me I could do it, I trusted the man!
seabass : I asked specifically Art an hat for travelling, he did a great job. This backpack goes with me each time I travel (US, UK, Ireland, Japan, Caribbean...)
Found it at Pointe-à-Pitre Airport in Guadeloupe

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Silverbellyy w/ 19 L dark gray with greenish undertone

Some seriously nutty linen pants, unlined cotton jacket and cotton knit tie for a beautiful mid summer day.

2012-07-18_VS-Silberbelly-w-19greenishgrey.jpg

linenpants-cottontie.jpg

2012-07-18_VS-Silberbelly-w-19greenishgrey_noggin.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
After arriving home yesterday this was on my front door step.

2hxn9u8.jpg

atd1h.jpg

A beautiful Mojave with 12 L rust ribbon...

Taking a page from Eric's book of VS pics .....

246jqfr.jpg

And Seabass likes his brim up sometimes so I thought I would try that.....

14wkn5.jpg

My mother always said I had a head like a rock.....:D
That's one of the prettiest hats I've ever seen, OG! Well done, my friend!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
OG, That is a beautiful hat. I love the proportions and the ribbon. As good as that hat looks in nature, it looks better on your head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925