Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon... you think it's exciting now... wait till you put your order in and then ya gotta wait till you get the USPS notice that it's arriving in two days...!!!
There are Loungers who take photos of their box and its unwrapping... !!!!!!!!!!
just got a text from my wife that she just signed for the conformer .... it has arrived !!!

can't wait to get home tonight

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I hope you treat us to a conformer head shot.

IMG_4835.jpg

retour_vers_le_futur_23_pensees.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
LOLOL! Wonderful, Moon! Are you sure you don't have that cranked down too tight though? :)
honestly
I'm actually not sure how this thing is supposed to feel
I've set it and reset it like 5 times already
very hard to tell how a hat will feel based on hard plastic
never done this before

any tips

AndyR

One of the Regulars

I really don't know. I've never tried one either, but I can see what you mean about plastic. Maybe watch the video on Art's site a couple of times and get a feel for how it falls into place at the 1:05 mark.

I think I'd probably do just what you are doing, that is, adjust it and re-adjust it a bunch of times and then lament over my final adjustment after sending it back. :)

Also, isn't the red tab supposed to be perfectly lined up with your nose? Maybe it's just the angle of this picture.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I really don't know. I've never tried one either, but I can see what you mean about plastic. Maybe watch the video on Art's site a couple of times and get a feel for how it falls into place at the 1:05 mark.

I think I'd probably do just what you are doing, that is, adjust it and re-adjust it a bunch of times and then lament over my final adjustment after sending it back. :)

Also, isn't the red tab supposed to be perfectly lined up with your nose? Maybe it's just the angle of this picture.
I've watched the video about 100 times and I'm about 150% sure that I am overthinking the entire process :)

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I've watched the video about 100 times and I'm about 150% sure that I am overthinking the entire process :)
Moon, you are overthinking the conformateur a bit. Just get it where you want it on your head and have someone tighten all the thumbscrews for you. Have the nudge the sliding fingers a bit first. It should feel snug on your head but not hurt. Once in place, take it off and put it back on, do this 4 or 5 times and see if it feels right to you. Art's conformateur might have a colored finger which indicates the front of your head. If it doesn't then I suggest a piece of masking tape on the one finger to mark the front. My conformateur which is made by the same manufacturer as the ones Art uses doesn't have a colored finger to indicate the front so I us the side that has a finger that is more centered than the others.

When I had Art make my hat I used my own conformateur and then sent in a paper outline and when I received my hat it was great.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, you are overthinking the conformateur a bit. Just get it where you want it on your head and have someone tighten all the thumbscrews for you. Have the nudge the sliding fingers a bit first. It should feel snug on your head but not hurt. Once in place, take it off and put it back on, do this 4 or 5 times and see if it feels right to you. Art's conformateur might have a colored finger which indicates the front of your head. If it doesn't then I suggest a piece of masking tape on the one finger to mark the front. My conformateur which is made by the same manufacturer as the ones Art uses doesn't have a colored finger to indicate the front so I us the side that has a finger that is more centered than the others.

When I had Art make my hat I used my own conformateur and then sent in a paper outline and when I received my hat it was great.

yeah .. the front is marked with red tape that says "nose"

and that is exactly what I did ... tightened it up and slid it on and off ... it's a good fit slides on and off easily but is just snug enough when on to not move

thanks for the tips

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
There was some internal debate on my part about which thread to post this in first, but I think it's an instant Hall-of-Famer.
This just-arrived Granite dress weight mid-ribbon number, 5 3/4 inch open crown, 2 7/8 inch brim. I gave Art the dimensions I wanted and a preference on the ribbon size and color, but he made the final ribbon choice. I think it works. It fits perfectly, as usual for a VS hat. I'm really pleased with this one. Art nailed it.

Thank you for posting this Sir!!! Your next is on the way today

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
hey guys ... I was hoping for a little help

I am in the process of picking a color for an upcoming ArtLite hat that I am ordering ...

I've been staring at pictures on google images and in these threads for days

every time I think I have picked a color ... I see a picture and my mind changes

share with me our favorite ArtLite color ... and provide a pic if you could of that color

I'm completely torn ... and completely wide open to any of the colors other than black

looking forward to some input

thanks

hey guys ... I was hoping for a little help

I am in the process of picking a color for an upcoming ArtLite hat that I am ordering ...

I've been staring at pictures on google images and in these threads for days

every time I think I have picked a color ... I see a picture and my mind changes

share with me our favorite ArtLite color ... and provide a pic if you could of that color

I'm completely torn ... and completely wide open to any of the colors other than black

looking forward to some input

thanks

Anthony, between this and the conformateur, it seems to me you are really overthinking this one. Understandable given what your getting and who you're getting it from.

Maybe take a day or so and try to put it out of your mind? Come at it fresh after you've cleared your head.

Sort of like when you wake up in the morning with the solution to a problem.

Sent directly from my mind to yours

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony, between this and the conformateur, it seems to me you are really overthinking this one. Understandable given what your getting and who you're getting it from.

Maybe take a day or so and try to put it out of your mind? Come at it fresh after you've cleared your head.

Sort of like when you wake up in the morning with the solution to a problem.

Sent directly from my mind to yours

it's an expensive hat and I want it to be something I will wear a lot and not sit in a box like 95% of my hats :)

you are probably right though ... I am most likely overthinking it

would still like some input though ... I can't stare at pictures or 2 inch samples anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy