Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

club30s

New in Town
Hi Guys,

I am considering a hat from Art soon in possible white felt but since he cant find it at the moment my other option is the cream / off white feather weight beaver he has. Is there anyone in here who had a hat made from that cream felt I am talking about?

If there are any pictures of it especially that would be great. Secondly, for those of you who know which felt I am referring to.... how lighter or different is that from silverbelly color that art has? He sent me a picture of the cream / off white raw felt but it would be great to see that in a finished product.

please let me know

cheers

HungaryTom

One Too Many
club30s said:
Hi Guys,

I am considering a hat from Art soon in possible white felt but since he cant find it at the moment my other option is the cream / off white feather weight beaver he has. Is there anyone in here who had a hat made from that cream felt I am talking about?

If there are any pictures of it especially that would be great. Secondly, for those of you who know which felt I am referring to.... how lighter or different is that from silverbelly color that art has? He sent me a picture of the cream / off white raw felt but it would be great to see that in a finished product.

please let me know

cheers

Hi,

If the keywords are "cream" and "off white" Art calls this color Mojave. At least my hat made of this color has a cream and off white appearance, the lightest possible in the genre of SAND colors - see post #191 / page 10 and #202 /pp 11 of this thread.
Silver mist is the lightest blue-gray shade.

Tom

club30s

New in Town
HungaryTom said:
Hi,

If the keywords are "cream" and "off white" Art calls this color Mojave. At least my hat made of this color has a cream and off white appearance, the lightest possible in the genre of SAND colors - see post #191 / page 10 and #202 /pp 11 of this thread.
Silver mist is the lightest blue-gray shade.

Tom

hmmm... well thanks for the picture info I looked at it #191 and it seems more tan-ish than off white or cream but then #202 seems more closer to this one below. It may have to do with a black background against it. Here have a look at what he sent me.

creamartfelt.png

This seems lighter or different than the hat in post #191. But I could be mistaken. He did not used the name "mojave" to describe it. I am just trying to get an idea as to where it falls in terms of color and how far it is from white.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
I like that color, club30s--while the colors on my iMac tend to look much lighter than the actual felt samples, that does look a bit whiter than the Mojave or Sand samples I have from Art. And it might look great on the Jazzman I'm contemplating...a good summer felt, I would imagine.

club30s said:
hmmm... well thanks for the picture info I looked at it #191 and it seems more tan-ish than off white or cream but then #202 seems more closer to this one below. It may have to do with a black background against it. Here have a look at what he sent me.

creamartfelt.png

This seems lighter or different than the hat in post #191. But I could be mistaken. He did not used the name "mojave" to describe it. I am just trying to get an idea as to where it falls in terms of color and how far it is from white.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
*sigh*...

This thread is way too much for me. Way too much!

See: wet, trembling hands; signs of confusion and panic; heavy breathing; a dry mouth; perspiration on the forehead, too... The very same symptoms every time I visit this thread! I even stepped on my tongue once when I tried to make my way to the bathroom to take a cold shower! Off to bedlam...

If only I had the money... But alas! for now - I just don't. But one day - and that's a promise! - when I've grown up, I'll call ya and buy one, Art! I swear! You hear me?!?

Heck...

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
It'll be OK Mario...trust me...they are just hats. :)

Gents, this is a felt that I had done last year but only 6 were made and I am having a "love hate" relationship with them. To date I have not been satisfied with any hat I've made from them (2) and have not sold them, otherwise they would be offered. The way things are going it's possible for me to burn through all of them without having a single hat to offer. :(

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Art Fawcett said:
It'll be OK Mario...trust me...they are just hats. :)

The irony contained in that simple statement......

Kind of like saying "Everest, it's just a mountain."

Mario, save every penny until you can get one, these hats really are worth it. I own a couple, and sometimes I still drool just looking at them hanging on my wall.

I've also noticed pretty women regularly smile at me and compliment my hats. Had one do so right in front of her husband the other night at the Cafe Rio. I was so shocked, all I could do was say "thank you", and hope he didn't kill me.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
1911 Man said:
I've also noticed pretty women regularly smile at me and compliment my hats.

Others use their dogs and a walk in the park for the same purpose... ;)

1911 Man said:
Mario, save every penny until you can get one, these hats really are worth it. I own a couple, and sometimes I still drool just looking at them hanging on my wall.

Well, my VS day will come for sure! :D

Topdog

Familiar Face
Me too! I just got one of those emails yesterday. It probably won't get to the east coast until early next week. Its an art lite blue smoke with enough crown height for a super deep maltese falcon bash. It also has an over welt. I'll post pictures when it comes.

duggap

Banned
Dang it I don't own a camera (who can buy one when I keep sending all my money to Art), and I wouldn't know how to post if I did, but I wanted to say I got my Silvermist Route 66 Thursday and WOW. I originally thought I was getting that color way back when I got a Silverbelly. I love the Silvermist. If you have been debating the color, go ahead and pull the trigger, it is a beautiful color for a hat. Oh, and that Fawcett fellow did a pretty durn good job on the old noggin stuffer. :p :D :p

My Work of Art, the VS Wanderer....

Since Jimmy the Lid pulled out his rapier sharp knowledge of Stetson models & found the Stetson Wanderer was actually what I wandered into (sorry but couldn't help that pun!), I have dubbed this hat the VS Wanderer. Styled after Penney Marathon worn in Sea Biscuit by Jeff Bridges with 2 3/4" bound brim in ArtLite Blue Smoke with a Stetson Playboy ribbon treatment. This thing is sensuous! I dry bashed a diamond crease for the photos. Excuse the shots as I couldn't find my camera & used 1 of my wife's that I'm not familiar with, but here they are...
VSWan1.jpg

VSWan5.jpg

VSWan2.jpg

VSWan3.jpg

VSWan4.jpg

A bit of a Douglas pose for the noggin shot
VSWan01.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Oh nice. Arts felt sure has an amazing sheen to it and your pictures captured that. I must admit I like the wonky dry bash.:eusa_clap That blue smoke is a neat color

handlebar bart said:
Oh nice. Arts felt sure has an amazing sheen to it and your pictures captured that. I must admit I like the wonky dry bash.:eusa_clap That blue smoke is a neat color
Thanks Bart. I have a vintage Royal Stetson Casual that takes the crease just like this new, out of the box ArtLite.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Thanks Bart. I have a vintage Royal Stetson Casual that takes the crease just like this new, out of the box ArtLite.

You aren't helping with my addictionlol That's a Artlite? I didn't know he had that in the blue smoke............now I really need one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore