Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
If they were in whisky too...

handlebar bart said:
You aren't helping with my addictionlol That's a Artlite? I didn't know he had that in the blue smoke............now I really need one

It was a recent revelation to me to and it had the same effect. I was slightly surprised to read that it was an Artlite as it has a full lining and the ones that I've seen before had only a heptagon of fabric attached to the top that was just large enough to show Mister Fawcett's signature. That, I suppose, it left to the buyer's discretion. It looks fantastic; the purple liners are really terrific looking. I'm also slightly impressed that he ordered it open-crowned; I like in theory the idea of creasing one's own hat, but I've never been able to bring myself to do so.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Congrats, Deputy -- very nice! :eusa_clap Glad you "wandered" into that one...;)

When you get a chance, it would be great to see some daylight shots of that lid...

Cheers,
JtL

Delthayre said:
... I was slightly surprised to read that it was an Artlite as it has a full lining and the ones that I've seen before had only a heptagon of fabric attached to the top that was just large enough to show Mister Fawcett's signature. That, I suppose, it left to the buyer's discretion. It looks fantastic; the blue liners are really terrific looking. I'm also slightly impressed that he ordered it open-crowned; I like in theory the idea of creasing one's own hat, but I've never been able to bring myself to do so.
I requested the lining as I will wear it all year & take it out during warmer months. It is a royal purple color that is incredibly nice. I've been creasing & re-creasing western hats for years & these beaver felts make it so easy & so much fun!

jimmy the lid said:
Congrats, Deputy -- very nice! :eusa_clap Glad you "wandered" into that one...;)

When you get a chance, it would be great to see some daylight shots of that lid...

Cheers,
JtL
Thanks Chief. Will do. I've got the In-Laws coming over for a cookout but I'll get some when I can. THANKS again for the model ID...should've known the Director of the FBI had the G2 on it. :D

jimmy the lid said:
...it would be great to see some daylight shots of that lid...
Here you go Chief, taken out in the back yard.. I put a quick tear drop in it = I snapped down the front brim, put the hat on while looking in the mirror, I did the front pinch & side dents then just ran my index finger around the back. This is the crease when I took it off.
VSWan6.jpg

VSWan7.jpg

VSWan8.jpg

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
Here you go Chief, taken out in the back yard.. I put a quick tear drop in it = I snapped down the front brim, put the hat on while looking in the mirror, I did the front pinch & side dents then just ran my index finger around the back.
Fantastic, GTD! What a great looking VS. About a week ago I placed my request with Art for a lightweight Blue Smoke Whippet, and seeing the felt here makes me anxious to receive it. Congrats to you and Art on the great fedora! :eusa_clap

jazzncocktails said:
Fantastic, GTD! What a great looking VS. About a week ago I placed my request with Art for a lightweight Blue Smoke Whippet, and seeing the felt here makes me anxious to receive it. Congrats to you and Art on the great fedora! :eusa_clap
Many thanks. It is such a nice hand & the color is sooooo cool. That Whippet should be killer. It will be worth any wait but luckily Art's are not that long. Looking forward to seeing your photos & reactions.

CRH said:
Lots of very stylish punches coming at me here but this one is a knockout blow!
If it did anything, it guaranteed there will be another Work of Art someday!!!

Jabos

A-List Customer
Thanks GTD! I just spent two weeks in the mountains, going through Art Fawcett "detox" trying to get his hats out of my head. Then I see your beautiful lightweight blue smoke and off the wagon I fall! Beautiful hat!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Nice, Tom. Can you post a daylight pic or two of that hat? I'm real curious about how blue or how gray the color is.

Bob -- you may want to scroll up the page. How many margaritas did you have, exactly? :eek: :D

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Bob -- you may want to scroll up the page. How many margaritas did you have, exactly? :eek: :D

Cheers,
JtL

lol lol lol lol I read Tom's post on the previous page, asked to see daylight pics, then read the last page. I deleted my post hoping no one had read it yet, but I see you're on the ball this morning.

You know how margaritas are....they go down so easy and they contain tequila.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
lol lol lol lol I read Tom's post on the previous page, asked to see daylight pics, then read the last page. I deleted my post hoping no one had read it yet, but I see you're on the ball this morning.

You know how margaritas are....they go down so easy and they contain tequila.
Dee is already wanting to go back there! That was some good eatin!:D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Dee is already wanting to go back there! That was some good eatin!:D

I was thinking on the way home, I might want to drive down and pick up my dark moss when Mike gets it done instead of him mailing it to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn