Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS family part III - Dove & Blue Smoke w/ black

The two remaining VS's:

Dove w/ 19 L black

Dove-w-19black.jpg

Blue Smoke w/ 17 L black

Bluesmoke-w-17black.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am ready for the warmer weather as I have received my new Art Fawcett creation. As you can see it is a new fedora in the VS Silvermist light weight felt.

IMG1126-L.jpg

Early winter I was musing about light weight felt options as I needed a hat for the wamer spring here in Minnesota, USA. At about the same time I had been speaking to another forum member about the Stetson Weston. The concept of an Art Fawcett hat ala Stetson Weston was created in my minds eye.

Screen-Shot-2012-01-29-at-L.png

The Stetson Weston was a Whippet with a different brim edge treatment. To my eye a very classy looking fedora. The composition of ribbon size, hat dimensions and shape really appealed to my eye. It was a $15.oo hat compared to the $10.00 Whippet. Quite a deal, I think. As perhaps others, I have been searching for a vintage version of this hat since becoming aware of the model. No availabilty. In fact with my small head size, the propabability of ever finding such a hat in wearable condition is small.

Mid-winter David received his VS Moss Green hat that took a concept start from the Weston. You can see his grand hat here, (#5549, p555),
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?13023-Art-Fawcett-Hall-of-Fame/page555 . Take a look as it is stunning.

That really was the final push to see if Art could work his magic on my desire.

Here are pics of the result of Art's craftsmanship in creating such a hat;

IMG1135-L.jpg

IMG1138-L.jpg

IMG1136-L.jpg

IMG1137-L.jpg

THANKS ART!
My new hat is tipped in Art Fawcett's direction this morning. I could not be more pleased with this gorgeous hat. For Fedora Forum members who open the What Hat Are You Wearing thread you can plan on seeing me frequently hatted in the warmer months with this VS silvermist light weight fedora.

Cheers folks. Thanks for letting me share, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Mustangman and Manfred for the comments. I appreciate them very much.

Our appreciation of the hat is due to the skill and artistry of Art Fawcett. I can not say enough about the quality, fit and customer service. Although on this thread, am really speaking to the "rest of the band.":eusa_clap

Eric -

Brando11

A-List Customer
Wow! Eric, that may be my fave of all your hats so far. I like everything about it- the felt, the crease, great looking brim, and that ribbon treatment is outstanding! What color ribbon did you use? Perfect!

Best-
-Brando

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for sharing your source of inspiration for this lovely Silvermist, Eric.
Have fun wearing your new VS!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Eric, that may be my fave of all your hats so far. I like everything about it- the felt, the crease, great looking brim, and that ribbon treatment is outstanding! What color ribbon did you use? Perfect! Best--Brando

Brando; Thanks for the comments sir. I value them as you have quite a selection of fine VS hats yourself.

Art will have confirm the details, but to my eye the grey ribbon can have a silver shimmer in the sunlight. I have seen the ribbon on one of Rabbit's hats also.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Rabbit; Thanks sir.

I really got hooked on Silvermist by seeing your quality pics on this thread. I tip my hat in your direction sir. The recent pics are great. I have saved copies for reference as they show the color of the entire hat body so well. You set the bar nearly impossibly high. Good for you.

Eric -

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I'm happy to hear that you like the new pics, Eric.

I'm curious about the color of the ribbon on your new Silvermist. You say you've seen the same on mine - is it charcoal, then? I have only charcoal and a dark grey with a faint greenish undertone, ever so slightly lighter than charcoal.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Rabbit; Perhaps my memory is at error this morning. I believed it was a hat of yours that I recalled seeing the gray/silver ribbon. Apologies. I will have to look over some pics I have saved on my computer to confirm where I have seen the ribbon.

Here is a side shot of the hat/ribbon that better shows the colors.

IMG1133-L.jpg

Eric -

Late edit to the post; Interesting when looking at the above pic to see that not all of the oak leaves have fallen from the conifer trees in our recent big winds.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Here are pics of the result of Art's craftsmanship in creating such a hat;

IMG1135-L.jpg

Eric, that's a spectacular hat!! Art really knocked it out of the park yet again. The color is just wonderful and the lightweight felt is sure to keep you cool in the summer months. Enjoy this wonderful work of ART! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Rabbit; Perhaps my memory is at error this morning. I believed it was a hat of yours that I recalled seeing the gray/silver ribbon. Apologies. I will have to look over some pics I have saved on my computer to confirm where I have seen the ribbon.

Eric -

This one perhaps? I believe it belongs to Cliffnopus. Apart from the Adam Majestic clone in Silvermist, it's the only gray wide ribbon on a Silvermist that I can find.

silmist-lite4.jpg

Here's the Majestic clone (not mine either):

silvermist_adams-majestic-clone_ArtFaxcettsVintageSilhouettes003.jpg

Last edited:

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
:eeek: OMG, seeing all those fantastic creations it´s getting more and more difficult to decide how my first VS shall look.....
Wonderful hat Eric! :eusa_clap

Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner