Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Delthayre, really beautiful hat!

I love the color combo.

I have a black Artlite and it's really great when you go travelling, fold it into your backpack and no harm done!!!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Delthayre, really beautiful hat!

I love the color combo.

I have a black Artlite and it's really great when you go travelling, fold it into your backpack and no harm done!!!

SpeedRcrX, is your Artlite's sweatband leather or cloth? Being foldable, I mean.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Mine is leather, I simply pop the crease out , lightly fold in half and roll. It takes some time once you un roll it for it to go back to the normal shape, but its easy to fidget with.

Travel with my ArtLite is easy. :D

Thanks, ShadedDude. So the reed can take it - good to know. :)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's interesting - I would never have thought of rolling one of my ArtLites.

There is also a video around of Matt Deckard rolling his Powell which has a similar reeded sweatband. I'd be scared of getting kinks in the reed.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
That's interesting - I would never have thought of rolling one of my ArtLites.

There is also a video around of Matt Deckard rolling his Powell which has a similar reeded sweatband. I'd be scared of getting kinks in the reed.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

My pleasure Rabbit.

I'm sure if you folded it hard it would leave a bit of a ridge, but I have not had a problem. Mine has spent full days rolled up in a carry on bag, and not left any permanent deformation.

The crease has a good memory, and as long as you can help it back it will take over. The brim usually comes out pretty wonkey, but given a little time relaxes back to shape.

I Don't store the hat folded and rolled. But it sure is easy to travel with!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
From what I remember of my conversation with Art about a roll-able Artlite, he told me that the only difference was the crown ribbon was tacked top and bottom. I'll need to get that confirmed by Art, but that's my recollection.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The crease has a good memory, and as long as you can help it back it will take over. The brim usually comes out pretty wonkey, but given a little time relaxes back to shape.

Any photos on the foldable Art!? RcrX, I think that Sony needs a little exercise...;)

clossonrr

New in Town
The wife and I took a trip up to Sedona, AZ this weekend. Here a a few pics of me in my granite hat while we were enjoying a train ride.
train3.jpg

train2.jpg

onthetrain1.jpg

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
The color combination is nicely earthy and it cuts an especially handsome profile from the side. I think that the best thing is how well the proportions of the hat suit you. It looks very natural and just right on your head.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Vinny; Nice hat sir. The ribbon treatment looks cool. when you post up a pic of the other hat would you mind getting a profile shot of the ribbon. It looks interesting and I am curious. Thanks in advance sir. Congrats on 2!

Delthayre; Wow, the powder blue felt hat is grand in the pics. The color with silver must be very eye catching. Congrats on getting a special VS in a light felt. Congrats.

Rabbit; I love your "old favorite." French navy linen suit is a classic. That suit will open doors and take you places. Special pairing with the oxfords. I am taking notes as to dress when you post up pics.

Best to VS hat folks, Eric -

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Any photos on the foldable Art!? RcrX, I think that Sony needs a little exercise...;)

Why not ;) But this time I'll use the NEX5 with my 50mm I just receive my lens adapter and need to test it!

Anyway, I wanted a hat for travel and it is Art who told me I could fold this hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner