Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

I'm late to the party, but thank you Mister Chipster for the great trunk show photo coverage. Looks like Art has tapped a whole new strata of clients with the Legacy Line of felt. Judging by the pictures, he has achieved a entirely new level of beauty and "cozy." Again Chipster, excellent perspectives (although I only saw one trunk...;))

CONGRATS to Art!! Good show, young man!

jrbobbyh

New in Town
Yes, it was wonderful to receive the USPS notice that two hats (a Dove/Charcoal ribbon and a Chocolate ArtLite) are on the way from Art as of yesterday.
Woo Hoooo!!!

And I just got back from the Post Office, where I sent three hats to him to do his Art on.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
My VS Playboy got it's first rain a few weeks ago, so I took the opportunity to tighten up the crease a bit, and finally got around to taking another picture.
20130222_122505_zps087c324d.jpg

Still loving this hat. Took this pic in very full sun, which highlights the the suede finish, and you can see the contrast stitching in this one as well.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Art, what model is this one? I love it. And what color should I ask for, to copy this? Midnite?
Yes Sir, it is Midnite, 5 1/2 crown, 2 1/8" brim tone on tone. It is one of my newest series "Modern Times" but hasn't been named yet. I've been head down in the shop since I returned from LA and haven't been able to complete the process. Any ideas on a name?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Yes Sir, it is Midnite, 5 1/2 crown, 2 1/8" brim tone on tone. It is one of my newest series "Modern Times" but hasn't been named yet. I've been head down in the shop since I returned from LA and haven't been able to complete the process. Any ideas on a name?
Let's call it "the one Blackthorn wants." :) I take it this is a more modern design, as opposed to the 40's and 50's?

TomS

One Too Many
My VS Playboy got it's first rain a few weeks ago, so I took the opportunity to tighten up the crease a bit, and finally got around to taking another picture.
20130222_122505_zps087c324d.jpg

Still loving this hat. Took this pic in very full sun, which highlights the the suede finish, and you can see the contrast stitching in this one as well.

Like it Jared!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up

The Gentleman? (My apologies if there is a model of this name already)

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
ArtFawcettTrunkShow4_zps398a31f5.jpg

Art with series being "Downtown" how about using famous downtown street names from cities around the world. Example New Orleans the "Canal Street" or "Bourbon Street". Other street names the ""Main" street, "Sunset Blvd" ,Vegas Strip,Michigan Avenue/Magnificent Mile,Madison Avenue,London's Carnaby street, just a few that come to mind. With images of hats to make.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
ArtFawcettTrunkShow4_zps398a31f5.jpg

Art with series being "Downtown" how about using famous downtown street names from cities around the world. Example New Orleans the "Canal Street" or "Bourbon Street". Other street names the ""Main" street, "Sunset Blvd" ,Vegas Strip,Michigan Avenue/Magnificent Mile,Madison Avenue,London's Carnaby street, just a few that come to mind. With images of hats to make.

I like it Ed, if anything this would be "Main st" as it is so subdued by my standards. Yes Darvis, this is one of my attempts at updating my line into this century. I'm playing with shorter brims and crowns and enjoying the process. I can't wait to get them up on site to see the reaction they have, if any.

Street names would be perfect. Successfully done by all types of marketeers (shoes, hats, etc.) forever, because it offers a such wide variety of distinct brand or "image" association.

City names or neighborhoods, also used this way forever would give the same associations, but with even broader scope. I would have to order a "Boston" or "Montreal," probably even a "Brussels" or an "Atlanta."

The Atlanta order would be after GTDean and AliveNAamp'd gets theirs, of course. :rockon:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner