Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Thanks to all! For any vintage felt in my size, I am thrilled and thankful... For a custom-finished vintage felt, in such an insane color, I am nearly speechless (call Ripley!)

Rusty the brim width is 2-1/4", dimensional, with an underwelt. First underwelt I've had Art do, and I really like it! I hope this doesn't mean a new shelf....

I will be trying to get more photos to better detail all the colors that seem to show through, depending on light.

First, the carb on the ol' Gravely needs cleaning. Note to son: Do NOT run engine empty. Rrrrr....

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
A quick shout out here to kvell about my new VS!!!
From Art's cache of early 1950's NOS felt, a color they called "Mahoot."
IMG_2228_zpsbd15887c.jpg
[/URL]

Superb!

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Art made me a hat in this felt also, and I'll get some pix up ASAP. It's an unusual color as Charlie has shown, which changes with the light. Thanks, Art. Your enthusiasm for this one was spot on.

Ybor City Dave

New in Town
Great looking felt. I just got one of Arts creations yesterday in Blue Smoke Century felt. The hats are so beautiful they just make you feel good looking at them.

Congrats, YborCityD!! Century felt has to be dreamy! Especially in Blue Smoke! That's how I convinced my wife I needed another hat...

Well, to Pile on with photos in attempt to display the Mahoot hat, her eare others.

It can look dark brown/gray

Non-descript Grayish
IMG_2256_zps9bc5e5dc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The finish on this felt is just beautiful, casual, RELAXED. That's what I would call this finish, Art; The VS Exclusive "Relaxed Finish"," or "Relaxed Felt Finish,"

violet/brown highlights

Last edited:

MikeU

Familiar Face
That is so sweet looking it's like a camilian changes in the light or mood dang it Art now I need to get in the queue an that's a great idea very impressive....!!!

Ybor City Dave

New in Town
That color change is incredible. I'm glad you posted pics in different lighting. And the felt on my hat is very soft. Your hat must have a very soft hand feel with the vintage felt though.

Yeah, Art is a real artist/craftsman/engineer. These felts required some real special handling, and our man was up to the task.

SpeedRcrX you know how difficult the next few weeks will be... What color are you getting?

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Art narrow it down to 4 colors for me

I choose the first one on the right.

2014-09-27-09.40.19.jpg

To me this color is unusual and intrigue me a lot.

I don't know the name of the color.

Dark Arcane

New in Town
What are your favorite VS felt colors?

Hi everyone. I'm pleased to say that the other day I made a phone call to Art Fawcett to get the ball rolling on a custom, my first. Right now this is in the early planning stage, we haven't gotten into much specific detail. Once I receive the swatches in the mail I'll have a decision to make. I'm thinking perhaps Sahara, perhaps Blue Smoke, perhaps something else entirely. Can anyone weigh in on their faves? (Ideally with pictures?) If you've got a why, that's great too, but mostly the colors probably speak for themselves. Thanks to all replies!:playball:

Charlie, that is a great lid. I really like the Mahoot color. Lovely ribbon and bow, too. You come up with some nice custom hats. Perhaps I need to talk with you before I order my next. :p

Speedrcrx, it looks....... mauve?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy