Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

tortswon

Practically Family
My first object d'Art

Fellow loungers. I purchased this Cavanagh on eBay about a month ago. Art tells me it dates to the early 70's. Unfortunately I did not take "before" pictures. Basically, there was a thin ratty black ribbon on it. I sent it off to Art and gave him carte blanche, I got the hat today with a beautiful new ribbon. Anyone have any idea as to whether I should wear the brim up or down?

CavalaghTrilby001.jpg

CavalaghTrilby002.jpg

CavalaghTrilby003.jpg

CavalaghTrilby004.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
tortswon, They both look good. I'd suggest letting your mood help you decide. NIce job Mr. Fawcett. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Unusual looking hat. Nice to see something different. :cheers1:

I agree with Carter. Let your mood decide. Just make sure you always store it with the brim up to keep the shape.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Your wife is absolutely correct!

Tom-n-Perris said:
The craftsmanship that went into producing this hat is phenomenal. I wanted something just a little different so I asked Art for suggestions. He recommended going with a lighter weight hat body, ribbon binding on the brim. So I left the color choice of the ribbon for the crown and brim to Art. So it is with great pleasure that I show you my first Art-Lite.

The hat is done in a light weight Dark Moss
DSCF2257.jpg

The ribbon and binding are done in a matching dark green color.
DSCF2329.jpg

The recognizable signature of Art in the ribbon: a splash of red in the center knot of the bow.
DSCF2304.jpg

The work of Art sports a Diamond bash.
DSCF2313.jpg

DSCF2266.jpg

Notice the hat card that Art included in the supple leather band along with my initials.
DSCF2263.jpg

My wife liked Art's Hat so much she told me that I could only order custom hats from him:eek: . Well I guess I will just have to suffer with ordering custom hats from Art :D This hat will see a lot of use and I have already ordered another work of Art.
I guess now I am full fledged Art-a-holic with no end in site:D

Tom, This is a beautiful hat. Please post it in the new "Green Machine" thread. I like everything about it and that touch of red on the bow is purrrrfect. Art did it again! :D

Justdog

Practically Family
Like Hell its yours

carter said:
Tom, This is a beautiful hat. Please post it in the new "Green Machine" thread. I like everything about it and that touch of red on the bow is purrrrfect. Art did it again! :D

Beautiful hat:eusa_clap
Now where did that card come from?
Ive seen that card and have one that is reallly old.

Jeff Naylor

New in Town
Just pulled it out of the box. Sorry, but the crummy webcam is all I have in the office.

hat.jpeg

hat3.jpg

hat2.jpg

The body is Silver Mist, the liner looks blue in these pics but IRL it's a deep royal purple.

carter

I'll Lock Up
That's a beauty, Jeff! The Silver Mist felt makes a nice cooler weather color for fall and winter. Enjoy your new work of Art! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Jeff Naylor

New in Town
indycop said:
VERY NICE!!:eusa_clap Is silver mist a lighter version of silver belly?

Thanks Carter!

Indycop, to my eyes the Silver Mist has a bit of blue in it whereas the Silverbelly has a brown cast. They're about the same darkness.

I wanted something a little more formal than my Tucker, and I think Art hit the nail squarely.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Jeff Naylor said:
Thanks Carter!

Indycop, to my eyes the Silver Mist has a bit of blue in it whereas the Silverbelly has a brown cast. They're about the same darkness.

I wanted something a little more formal than my Tucker, and I think Art hit the nail squarely.
Sweet! I wish I kept the felt samples Art sent when I ordered my first hat.:eusa_doh: Although my next from him will be Silver Belly hopefully light weight... I better stop or I will be ordering:eek:

carter

I'll Lock Up
Jeff Naylor said:
Thanks Carter!

Jeff, Please post some pictures of your Tucker the next time you wear it. I've been admiring that fedora on Art's website for a couple of years. It would be nice to see one in action. Carter

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carter said:

Jeff, Please post some pictures of your Tucker the next time you wear it. I've been admiring that fedora on Art's website for a couple of years. It would be nice to see one in action. Carter
I would like to see that too!:D

Jeff Naylor

New in Town
carter said:

Will do. I have a pic or two of it, but none of it on me.

One thing I noticed about it right away is how much softer the felt in the new hat is than in the Tucker, that one is a really firm, heavy felt. I love it though, it's an awesome hat, it was my first Art lid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy