Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Jeff Naylor

New in Town
carter said:
Thanks, Jeff. They're both beauties. When can we see you under them? Carter

I don't get a lot of pics done of myself (there's not a lot of call...), I'll try to get some pics in them in the next day or two. :eek:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Carter...IC...Tha Tucker is the one hat I keep coming back to on Art's site. I'll just bring up that hat and leave it there to look at through out the evening. That will be my first work of Art...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
This, that and t'other

I normally favor very wide ribbons, but somehow that Tucker fits together very well in my eyes. I like the modest, but eminently perceptible, contrast between the ribbon and the felt. As always it is a capital piece of workmanship and design.

Jeff Naylor said:
They're like Lay's...

It's a good thing that I can't afford to commission as many of his hats as I would like, if I could, I'd render myself broke anyway. Of course the unfortunate side affect is that I there is ample time for me to ponder what I will order when I again can risk it; I think that what I have devised might drive Mister Fawcett to madness in trying to create it. I'm like a substitute for mercury that way.

Jeff Naylor

New in Town
Delthayre said:
It's a good thing that I can't afford to commission as many of his hats as I would like, if I could, I'd render myself broke anyway. Of course the unfortunate side affect is that I there is ample time for me to ponder what I will order when I again can risk it;

I'm already thinking about the next one, it could become a sickness pretty easily.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Everytime this thread gets bumped to the top I feel compelled to sit at the window waiting for the mailman. Its 7:14 PM though:( and I've still got weeks to wait.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got a PayPal request from Art today and a notice from USPS that mine is in the mail. Art wrote that he hopes I like it. I know I will. How long do you think it'll take to get here from Oregon?

univibe88

One Too Many
BobC said:
I got a PayPal request from Art today and a notice from USPS that mine is in the mail. Art wrote that he hopes I like it. I know I will. How long do you think it'll take to get here from Oregon?

2-3 days

You should have it by Saturday:D

Jeff Naylor

New in Town
BobC said:

I got my PayPal request yesterday, I got my hat today.

BobC

univibe88 said:
2-3 days

You should have it by Saturday:D

Sounds good to me. I haven't seen hide nor hair of what it's going to look like. I just know that I'm getting a granite Sportaire. Art suggested I let him run with this first one and that's what I did. I'm about to bust.

Pictures Saturday, SP, if it's here. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:

The next two days are going to be rough. We are here for you. I think we should start a support group for the guys that are waiting for a VS to show up in the mail. When I got my first I skipped work the day it was due to arrive and then chased the mailman down the street in my truck when I didn't hear the doorbell ring. :D Oh and I can't wait to see this one Bob.

BobC

handlebar bart said:
The next two days are going to be rough. We are here for you. I think we should start a support group for the guys that are waiting for a VS to show up in the mail. When I got my first I skipped work the day it was due to arrive and then chased the mailman down the street in my truck when I didn't hear the doorbell ring. :D Oh and I can't wait to see this one Bob.

:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: lol lol lol Thanks, Bart, I appreciate all the help. I'm off Friday....maybe I'll get lucky.

I can't wait to see it either. Art said something about e-mailing me pictures of the hat with two or three different ribbons, but then we decided that he was handling it so I don't have a clue. The suspense is killing me now.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I think that what I have devised might drive Mister Fawcett to madness in trying to create it. I'm like a substitute for mercury that way.

:eek: :eek: ROFLMAO!!!!! SO good Deltaire, SO good!!!lol lol
Although, my wife often describes why she believes I've already arrived there.;)

Everytime this thread gets bumped to the top I feel compelled to sit at the window waiting for the mailman. Its 7:14 PM though and I've still got weeks to wait.

Soon Bart, soon...sortof...

Thanks for the entry Jeff and the positive comments. BobC, I know it went out on today's truck ( talked to Pearl, the only driver) so your's may arrive on Friday with any luck.

NOW...for MY big news of the day. My family gained another male member early this morning, as my newest grandson was born screaming and hungry..just like PopPop..:D Name? Tristan Meyer & I couldn't be more tickled.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
:eek: :eek: ROFLMAO!!!!! SO good Deltaire, SO good!!!lol lol
Although, my wife often describes why she believes I've already arrived there.;)

Soon Bart, soon...sortof...

Thanks for the entry Jeff and the positive comments. BobC, I know it went out on today's truck ( talked to Pearl, the only driver) so your's may arrive on Friday with any luck.

NOW...for MY big news of the day. My family gained another male member early this morning, as my newest grandson was born screaming and hungry..just like PopPop..:D Name? Tristan Meyer & I couldn't be more tickled.

Congratulations Art!!!!!!!!!!!

BobC

VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS, Art! Those grandsons will excite you right away. I have two of them and I've never, ever been called anything that compared to PaPa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy