Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Thank you, Russ, rrog, Scion, Delthayre, Karl and Colby. Delthayre, the color is granite. This is my first, VS from Art Fawcett (though not my last) and I wanted a neutral color. Several loungers recommended this color, and Art told me it was his most neutral color. My pictures don't do it justice, but my wife and several others see it as gray, but I can see some brown tones in it as well.

CJ, there was very little collaboration involved. I told Art I wanted a granite Sportaire with a wide brim binding like a whippitt. Art suggested I let him run with this first one, which I agreed to readily, having seen so much of his work posted here. This hat is the result of Art's vision and his creativity. It is a beautiful thing and I'm very pleased to have it and wear it for Art.

Thank you, Art!

I bet you have it on your head right now.............with the jammies on.[huh]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Colby Jack said:
Bad Bob...Bad!...Too many beautiful hats...and now this vision of loveliness...:eusa_clap Fantastic!...You and Art collaborate well!

Man, I am in hat hog heaven today!

BobC

handlebar bart said:
lollol lol I figured. I know I would be and do:eusa_clap

Sounds like a good thread topic too. 'Hats and Jammies'

:eek: Ok, but I only want to see head and shoulders pictures there. :eusa_doh:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Bob it looks perfect! Excellent color choice and of course I love the wide binding:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I know that it fits like a second skin and will only get better! Now you need to bring that thing to Monteagle in Feb.! I bet you already thought up your next one too!:rolleyes: :D

BobC

indycop said:
Bob it looks perfect! Excellent color choice and of course I love the wide binding:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I know that it fits like a second skin and will only get better! Now you need to bring that thing to Monteagle in Feb.! I bet you already thought up your next one too!:rolleyes: :D

Excellent color choice thanks to you, univibe, Not-Bogart and a few of the other guys here that I asked for opinions and thanks to Art, of course, for his excellent taste.

The fit is above and beyond any other hat I have...no gaps on the side and no padding to make it a little bit smaller. :D

I think I have two or three more in the mental process. I like Art's midnight color. I'm partial to blue and I don't have a blue hat. I've also seen a moss green thin ribbon with a rust colored ribbon and binding somewhere that I thought looked snazzy.

I've learned from this experience to give the artist a concept and then let him create his masterpiece. What I haven't learned is how to wait patiently for the results. :D

I'd like to make that Monteagle trip. Sounds like you all had tons of fun in Memphis. It would be fun to visit and compare hats over cocktails and good cigars and good food.

BobC

OK, I tagged that thread so I can follow it. I've checked the High Point's menu before and it sounds like I would have to eat there several times to try everything that sounded good. lol

Neil

A-List Customer
Great looking hat

I've had an order in to Art for some time. As the weeks go by, I've vacillated over what I'll ask for. I think I might ask for something similar.

BobC

Neil said:
I've had an order in to Art for some time. As the weeks go by, I've vacillated over what I'll ask for. I think I might ask for something similar.

Whatever you decide on, Neil, you won't regret it. Art does a fine job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy