Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

lc1484

One of the Regulars
Kao,

that is a very nice hat!! Blue smoke is my favorite color of Art's works

You are right the felt on my latest feels like suede and when I hit it with steam, it was easier to form and still soft.

Nice pick again KS

Larry:eusa_clap

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
kaosharper1 said:
IMG_0047.jpg
Fantastic! I'm usually not a fan of the Hollywood brim, but you've made me reconsider--this looks great on you. Is that the 2 3/8 brim of the Jazzman? It looks wider. Love the blue smoke and that wide ribbon! :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
jazzncocktails said:
Fantastic! I'm usually not a fan of the Hollywood brim, but you've made me reconsider--this looks great on you.

:arated: Looks like you got the hang of it -- and it looks great! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

kaosharper1

One Too Many
jazzncocktails said:
Fantastic! I'm usually not a fan of the Hollywood brim, but you've made me reconsider--this looks great on you. Is that the 2 3/8 brim of the Jazzman? It looks wider. Love the blue smoke and that wide ribbon! :eusa_clap

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. This hat does seem made for the Hollywood brim, but then it is based on the C&K hats. The brim is 2 3/8" but I think having it flat out on one side makes it seem wider.

Can't wait for it to cool down a little so I can wear it outside. Maybe Friday. I have to wear a suit that day anyway, and its supposed to be 85 or so.

Viper Man

Banned
Awesome! Is that a featherweight or dress weight? I'm guessing it's the former since I didn't think Art did welted edges on dress weight. [huh]

Either way, fantastic hat, kaosharper1!

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Viper Man said:
Awesome! Is that a featherweight or dress weight? I'm guessing it's the former since I didn't think Art did welted edges on dress weight. [huh]

Either way, fantastic hat, kaosharper1!

Thanks. And it is a featherweight. Out here in Southern California the lightweight felts are the ones to go with.

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
I posted this in the new hats section but it needs to be here also with its brothers and sisters. Rust felt, rust brim ribbon 1/4 in., forrest green crown ribbon 1 1/2 in. dimensional brim 2 1/2 by 2 3/4, crown height 4 1/2 in.

hats2018.jpg

hats2019.jpg

hats2017.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Very nice color combinations. Unless there is lens distortion, you seem to be a very long oval...and how lucky us LO`s are to be able to be fitted by such a fine custom hatter:eusa_clap

kaosharper1

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
Very nice color combinations. Unless there is lens distortion, you seem to be a very long oval...and how lucky us LO`s are to be able to be fitted by such a fine custom hatter:eusa_clap

Yes. Great color combo. We need a noggin shot!

My head is a round oval and Art's hats are the only ones that really fit me properly. Us (few) RO's are also grateful.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Warmentrout-beautiful hat. Is it lightweight felt? I love those colors. Never thought I'd want a rust, but now I do!

Kao, I'm speechless. Amazing double stitch. Very nice looking. Reminds me of those Bogie hat pics on another thread.

Well, my last Art, the Dusty Pink, was a copy cat hat but I can't afford to copy them all, and I want one of each I see on here!

lc1484

One of the Regulars
warmentrout said:
I posted this in the new hats section but it needs to be here also with its brothers and sisters. Rust felt, rust brim ribbon 1/4 in., forrest green crown ribbon 1 1/2 in. dimensional brim 2 1/2 by 2 3/4, crown height 4 1/2 in.

hats2018.jpg

hats2019.jpg

hats2017.jpg

Magnificent hat...I have to look at my felt samples again...that rust looks great...hard to decided on those thimble size felts until you see it on a finished hat...

Larry:eusa_clap

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Jabos said:
Warmentrout-beautiful hat. Is it lightweight felt? I love those colors. Never thought I'd want a rust, but now I do!

It is actually a VS Brooklyn, just as it appears on the website, but I asked for it to be sent open crown. Standard felt I think.

Jabos

A-List Customer
warmentrout said:
Jabos said:

It is actually a VS Brooklyn, just as it appears on the website, but I asked for it to be sent open crown. Standard felt I think.

Ah, I passed by it on Art's website several times, but your photos make me realize how great it is. Beautiful hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo