Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

vonwotan

Practically Family
daizawaguy,

Wow! Does that last photo reflect the actual colors of the hat and ribbon? If so, may I steal your idea and ask Art for a knock-off? I love the color combination!

daizawaguy said:
If you will allow me a final picture for the record on the finished crown, before it gets rained on outside, as I`m determined to wear it out whatever the weather...

November2009002PM.jpg

colps

One of the Regulars
Thanks every one i am very pleased with it.Got two more ordered,can't wait to see them!But the wait is WORTH IT.:)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Nice hat colps - I like the pin!

Volwotan - was not my original. Stole it from an idea as I peeked into the great Master`s closet ...(image taken from page 1)...

Sure you can copy it if you want. The purple on the photo above is a little too purple. The original photo and the original one below are more accurate...

IMG_20060616_0001_2.jpg

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
New Steel Whippet coming soon...

Thought I'd give this thread a bump...how could it possibly be so far back on the list?? I just received a whippet clone in steel standard-weight felt from Art (my second from his house of magic), and it is absolutely amazing. Will get pictures up very shortly.
Steve

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
New VS Steel Whippet Clone

Ok, as promised, here are some mediocre photos of a fantastic fedora. I received the whippet clone, in steel standard-weight felt, on Friday, and it's everything I'd hoped for. I wanted a darker grey with some blue tones that I would wear through the winter in so. Cal. (which isn't long, so I'll be wearing this hat daily for a while)--I had in mind the fedora Bogart wears in Dark Passage. And I loved the whippet clone that Art made for me in lightweight blue smoke about 6 months ago. But this one surpasses the first...the felt is thicker and supple, but still responsive to shaping, the bound brim is wide, the black ribbon is a little conservative but is a perfect touch, to my mind. And the purple liner that Art added sets it off so nicely. This is a great hat and I'm looking forward to having a great deal of fun with it over the holidays...plan on wearing it to Bing Crosby's in Rancho Mirage for Christmas Eve, reservations I made with this great hat in mind.

The specs:
5 1/2" crown unbashed
2 5/8" brim

The pics (they aren't the greatest, but you'll get a pretty good idea of Art's magic):

outside, no flash, and with my blue smoke for contrast:
P1010006-2.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010013-1.jpg

The attempt at a bathroom-mirror shot:
P1010003-4.jpg

Another blurry attempt:
P1010007-3.jpg

And with the pups:
P1010012-1.jpg

Thank you again, Mr. Fawcett--they just keep getting better!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jazzncocktails said:
Another blurry attempt:
P1010007-3.jpg

Art nailed it. It looks perfect on you. My wife will neither confirm or deny that my Christmas VS has arrived. This thread being at the top doesn't help.

Tone

A-List Customer
Man, this whole thread is pure AWESOME! If I ever go with another beaver, Art is definitely #1 on the list!

kaosharper1

One Too Many
jazzncocktails said:
Ok, as promised, here are some mediocre photos of a fantastic fedora. I received the whippet clone, in steel standard-weight felt, on Friday, and it's everything I'd hoped for. I wanted a darker grey with some blue tones that I would wear through the winter in so. Cal. (which isn't long, so I'll be wearing this hat daily for a while)--I had in mind the fedora Bogart wears in Dark Passage.

Don't they ever. What a beauty. The darker grey should work well during our "Winter" here in SoCal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot