Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

MadDawg

Familiar Face
Wow!!

Well today in DALLAS, we have had 6 inches of snow and it is still pouring down. It is GORGEOUS!! However, it is another work of Art that has made my day today!! My first VS showed up and is stunning!! I can't believe how soft and plush the felt is and the fit is unbelievable!! Will post pics as soon as I can navigate the 30 step process it is to post pics to this site.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
:arated: that one's a beautiful hat, Benny. So classic looking! Which model is that?

Hi Bob,

I just sent Art a photo of a vintage (1940s I believe) Wormser fedora I found on the 'net some years ago. I copied the photo because the style of that hat appealed to me so much - kind of like my ultimate idea of a Bogie-esque fedora. So that picture was what Art worked off, complete with the wider edge binding characteristic of many vintage lids.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Lloyd said:
As requested here are the specs
2 3/4" brim, 5 1/2" crown, 1 1/2" ribbon
And it's a bi-color bow. The outer edges match the main ribbon with a lighter band in the middle.
Seems to be fuller in the body than my other one but that may just be the brim. It certainly is a big hat lol

Very cool! The full body will give you plenty of playground for the crease.

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
My First Work of Art

I asked Art to fashion a conservative dress hat for me. I think he performed well! Please disregard my poor photography and the personal characteristics of the model. Look at this beautiful hat!

Feb2010006.jpg
[/IMG]

Feb2010001.jpg
[/IMG]

Feb2010003.jpg
[/IMG]

Feb2010004.jpg
[/IMG]

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Greyfox said:
:eusa_clap Just checked the tracking info on my first ever work of Art and it is in town!!! Can't wait to get off work and put my hands on it.:)

I just take the delivery day off and wait on the front porch.[huh]

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
I just take the delivery day off and wait on the front porch.[huh]

International Dispatch, February 11, 2010, 6:46 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Problem with an international order is that you don`t know which day it will arrive on...it`s a daily check on the USPS site....:mad:

anon`

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:

Problem with an international order is that you don`t know which day it will arrive on...it`s a daily check on the USPS site....:mad:
At least you get updates? All the USPS ever does for me is tell me that they've been informed to expect a package from the shipper! Eventually--well after I've picked it up, usually--they'll update that to reflect that it's been delivered :rage:

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
anon` said:
At least you get updates? All the USPS ever does for me is tell me that they've been informed to expect a package from the shipper! Eventually--well after I've picked it up, usually--they'll update that to reflect that it's been delivered :rage:

That frequently happens with my USPS packages as well - maybe USPS just hates Oregonians :eek:

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:

You have ANOTHER one coming?!?!:rage: At this rate, I'll never catch uplol lol

Tim in Ohio

Familiar Face
Lloyd- Congrats

Lloyd said:
Cross posted on the eBay thread.
This Blue Smoke arrived today from an eBay auction. Not good lighting for pics but here are few. It really looks like this has never been worn before.
Still playing with the bash.

VSBlueSmokenogginshot5.jpg

Lloyd, Congrats on the new hat... you mentioned you're playing with the bash... For my two cents:

A) I could just say it's fabulous and wonderful and marvelous don't change a thing... or

B) Or I might say, If it were me I'd go for a narrower pinch up front...

C) But mostly, experiment til you find a bash that you really feel comfortable with... No matter what you settle on, when you wear it like you "own it" you'll look great in it. Enjoy the hat. ;)

Lloyd

A-List Customer
A tighter pinch is definitely in order. I need to play with the bash so I can get it up off my head. This almost inevitably leads to a steamed in tear drop just to keep the liner from touching the top of my head. I usually hold off on fixing the pinch until I get the top shaped right, which usually means I need to wait until I get over the shakes and the drooling lol

Jabos

A-List Customer
Greyfox said:
I asked Art to fashion a conservative dress hat for me. I think he performed well! Please disregard my poor photography and the personal characteristics of the model. Look at this beautiful hat!
]

Wow Greyfox. I love the hat. I've been thinking my next Art will be something just like that-really straightforward. Granite? Regular weight or lightweight? It looks great on you. What color did you go for with the liner? Black? I'm a red liner fan myself. Welcome to the Art Fawcett addiction society. Repeat after me, "My name is Greyfox and I am addicted to Art Fawcett's hats . . . "

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
You have ANOTHER one coming?!?!:rage: At this rate, I'll never catch uplol lol

Don`t worry Bart...we will all be equal in the end...

Here`s a current family portrait

Jan2010009-2-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails