Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art's Cheyenne (just in this morning! pictures included)

EricH

One of the Regulars
Beautiful! I think I know what I want for my birthday now. I agree with the others, just looking at it tells you its not the same old. Nice work Art.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Good one...

Absinthe_1900 said:
Hughes wouldn't have liked the name "Spruce Goose".

If you want an aircraft related name that conjures up H.R.H., think about "Constellation".

LochkeedConstellation-SWA.jpg

Constellation would be a great hat name!!:beer: :beer: :beer:

Names for Art.

Art Fawcett said:
...wanna take a shot at names?
Art, maybe you could get the right to use the names of some of the great train routes:
20th Century Limited, the California Zephyr, the Coastliner, the Dayliner, Starliner.

Or the names of rich families, industry leaders, famous buildings, hotels racetracks, or clubs from the Golden Era:
The Ritz, the Waldorf, the Empire State, Clubman, the Belmont, the Brickyard, the Vanderbuilt, the Morgan, the Carnegie.

You could use the names of some of the islands that make up the Florida Keys, some would be quite good, others not so good, how about Key Largo?

You could name some after fine woods used in funiture or wood working: Mahagony, Eboney, Oak, Rosewood, Cocabola, of course it would be best if their color matched their name.

Can you get the rights to name them after famous gumshoe detectives of literary and film exploits?

Famous explorers: Columbus, Verrazano, Pizaro, Hudson, Drake etc.

Famous cigar size/styles: Panatella, Pyramide, toro, Churchill, Corona or where they're from: Havana, Honduran, Dominecan, Brazil, Nicorauguan.

Name them after the NYC Burroghs: Brooklyn (Kings County), Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island (Richmond County?), Manhattan.

Famous telephone exchanges Murry Hill, etc.

Famous Gangsters?

Just having some fun with sources for names.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Art Fawcett said:
Whew!!!! I'm so glad it fit well!!!
Thanks for all the kind words Gents.. since I have all my felt colors in for now this is getting to be fun!! I have a few more new designs that will be going up on the site soon ( our website guru is working feverishly)...hmmm, only one is named so far...wanna take a shot at names?

I'd reach back into the 78 collection:

The Indigo (Ellington, natch)
The Jelly Roll (Morton...)
The Vout (Slim Gaillard)
The Rascal (Waller's "You Rascal You")
The Java Jive (The Ink Spots classic)
The Powerhouse (Raymond Scott)
The Black and Tan (Ellington)
The Salt Peanuts (Diz)
The Yerxa (Boyd Raeburn)

I have a million of them... possibly literally.
That's just off the top of my head.

Then you could list each hat on your site with
a soundtrack... and some of the names suggest
a color scheme.

Barry

Practically Family
WEEGEE said:
Barry...do you have a suit in mind to wear when in the formal with your
prize "Cheyenne" ?

The best,
WeeGee

Once I lose some weight I'm probably going to buy a suit from Rob (at Rocacha). I'm thinking about the Cotton Club right now. I think Salv posted a picture of it some time ago in another thread. In the meantime the hat looks nice with one of my overcoats and also with a sports jacket that I own.

Barry

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
John in Covina said:
Art, maybe you could get the right to use the names of some of the great train routes:
20th Century Limited, the California Zephyr, the Coastliner, the Dayliner, Starliner.

Or the names of rich families, industry leaders, famous buildings, hotels racetracks, or clubs from the Golden Era:
The Ritz, the Waldorf, the Empire State, Clubman, the Belmont, the Brickyard, the Vanderbuilt, the Morgan, the Carnegie.

You could use the names of some of the islands that make up the Florida Keys, some would be quite good, others not so good, how about Key Largo?

You could name some after fine woods used in funiture or wood working: Mahagony, Eboney, Oak, Rosewood, Cocabola, of course it would be best if their color matched their name.

Can you get the rights to name them after famous gumshoe detectives of literary and film exploits?

Famous explorers: Columbus, Verrazano, Pizaro, Hudson, Drake etc.

Famous cigar size/styles: Panatella, Pyramide, toro, Churchill, Corona or where they're from: Havana, Honduran, Dominecan, Brazil, Nicorauguan.

Name them after the NYC Burroghs: Brooklyn (Kings County), Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island (Richmond County?), Manhattan.

Famous telephone exchanges Murry Hill, etc.

Famous Gangsters?

Just having some fun with sources for names.

Jeez John!!!

:eusa_clap :fing28:

You are a voracious message poster!

You go a mile-a-minute!

Keep up the good work, man!!!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's one I'm stuck on..

Any thoughts?? Specs..Color Silverbelly...Crown 5 5/8, brim 2 3/4 bound in 6 ligne silverbelly, ribbon 12 ligne, "C" crown bash
After finishing it up tonight it dawned on me that is VERY close to the Sportaire look, just a different color scheme.
noname2.jpg

noname3.jpg

Silver Belly Hat Names

This list is Starts with SILVER
Silver: City, Mountain, Hill, Fox, Wolf, Bear, Hawk, Leaf, Cloud, Clover, Nugget,Comet, Star, Strike.

Or "The Nevada" or "The Nevadan" (a state noted for silver mining)
"the Pan American" just sounds good and a big silver mine in Peru.

Sincerely,

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Art, I'm with JP...

...put me down for one of these as well, but you'd best send me your head-measuring thingamabob so as to get my size correct. Also, I've got a GREAT old brown homburg (7.75 long oval) that is too tight on my head and a little dirty. Would like to send that to you for cleaning, blocking, and stretching!

BTW, of all of the suggestions offered so far for a name, I favor:
1. Constellation
2. Palomino
3. Silver Fir
4. Pan American
5. Silver City or Silver Nugget (like the Nevada mining imagery)

ZF

EricH

One of the Regulars
How about the Paladin? He was one of Charlemagne's knights know for his heroism and chivalry or in recent times "Have gun will travel". There are a lot of traditionalists here at the lounge (awesome name suggestions), but this "Lone Ranger" of a hat strikes me as the one that mysterious good guy(?) wears in the Film Noir. High ho Silver away....to my next cup of coffee. Eric

JeffW

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Aw c'mon. You guys just aren't looking at that hat. Here let me give you a hint:
noname2.jpg

1947DobbsPalomino.jpg

If this isn't a Palomino then I never saw one. :p Hi Ho Palomino! Awaaaaaayyyyy! Put me down for one. The check is in the mail. :jeep:

Regards,

J

I got to have me one of those. OUTSTANDING

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
No suggestions for names, I'm just in complete awe at the beauty of that latest hat and its striking similarity to a vintage one. That one is an absolute dead ringer for the Palamino.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran