Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ascots

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Lee M Roberts said:
Yes indeed, well originally from rural Anglesey, but moved to Manchester fairly recently. There are a few people here from England it seems, I was quite surprised.

Yes, I'm originally from Cheshire.. not too far away at all

Marty M.

Vendor
The country never looked so good.

Sir RBH said:
walking0011.jpg

Country Elegance second to none. Bravo!
Marty Mathis

Lee M Roberts

Familiar Face
BellyTank said:
Who are the "cravat fascists" then?
Those for, or against?

B
T

Gosh, I'm going to get into a heap of trouble here, and don't really wan't to retread the debate. I'm in the 'anything goes' camp on this matter. I'm a big fan of cravats and believe they can be worn in many situations.

That's as close as I'm treading I'm afraid ;)

I know I'm talking like a politician :S

luvthatlulu

Suspended
I'm wondering why the MP isn't wearing an ascot...oh, wait, now I get it! THEN HE WOULD BE IMPROPERLY DRESSED, too!!!! I'm vindicated at last!
:p lol ;) :p lol ;) :p lol ;) :p

Guys, in my original response (#5) I answered DnSchlng's question as to what was considered correct and then proceeded to say he could do as he pleased in today's society. Heck, you can wear an ascot with your "wife-beater" today if you want! Who's going to arrest you?

When people ask for guidance, they just want to know the guidelines that have previously been established in order to choose wisely. If you know the answer is always going to be a simple "anything goes"--why bother to ask the question?

I like ascots myself, I wear ascots myself, and no where in this thread have I said someone can't wear an ascot with whatever they choose. DnSchlng's question started with "Would..." , not "Can..." , and I took that to mean "Should I.." and answered accordingly. So why did we have to have all the word-parsing, harsh words and sniping debate to arrive at this point? Let's all strive to do better, me included, at answering a serious question next time, OK? Just my final thoughts on the matter.

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys, this has helped. It actually kind of funny, I only wanted to know some guidleines and I sparked a 90+ post debate. HA
Thankyou

carter

I'll Lock Up
This man knows how to dress!

Sir RBH said:
What a wonderful thread. I love wearing a cravat and if relaxing at home then if i remove my tie i will replace it with a cravat!!
May2206.jpg

002-2.jpg

walking0011.jpg

Sir RBH, Once again, I am awed by your sartorial flair. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap (one for each photo).

Would you be so kind as to reveal to us the name and mnufacturer of each garment and accessory in the walking photo?

Sir RBH and McCawber are my sartorial heroes.

Lionheart

One of the Regulars
I donned an ascot yesterday riding the train from Boston to NYC (Burgundy paisley ascot with denim shirt), and I think I may have enlightened a few people, based on the looks I got.

TCameron

Familiar Face
Indeed, as the gentleman above me mentioned ascots do frequently draw attention, but usually of adoration. I too live in Boston and get it quite frequently when I sport the ascot. However, I had a general question for all of those in this thread: How do you prevent the ascot from coming loose and falling down and need re-tightening? Any thoughts? I usually try to tug my hardest at the not without compromising breathing, but it still manages to fall down sometimes. Thank you,

T Cameron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo