Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
IMG_3019.jpg
IMG_3020.jpg
Is there any way to tell when this Stetson was made, just by these tags?

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just placed order for a custom Milan w Peter Bros. 4-6wks wait is going to test my patience for sure, but at least I ll have something to look forward to.
Thanks again for info on them.

bond

Any one know why my pics are getting deleted that I post in the classifieds through photo bucket?
Seems to be happening more frequently .

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Any tips on how to avoid/correct the imprint of the top of the sweatband onto the visible outside of the felt when stretching a hat? Got some sweatband shrinkage on a well worn OR 25 I'm trying to restore after putting in a new crease. Also happens on certain hats when I attempt reblocking.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374802737287.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374802737287.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,195
Last edited:
Any tips on how to avoid/correct the imprint of the top of the sweatband onto the visible outside of the felt when stretching a hat? Got some sweatband shrinkage on a well worn OR 25 I'm trying to restore after putting in a new crease. Also happens on certain hats when I attempt reblocking.

What type of stretcher are you using?
Basically, removing the sweatband is the only way to not press it into the felt & cause the imprint.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. Might just have to live with it then, until I can get it done by a pro. No way I'm removing the sweatband myself!
I only have a 7 1/8. 52 block and a 2 3/4 flange I don't know much about. They don't go together but do the trick in an emergency.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

One thing I do is flip out the sweat if it is supple enough, stretch the felt with a domed stretcher, not hatjack type, flip the sweat back in & stretch it. Reduces the impression some.
You're working with blocks which I haven't yet....

froguy

New in Town
hat cover

I'm sure its come up before but couldn't find on a Search.
Does anyone know where to find a source for a few dozen of the thin plastic film hat covers that often come with new hats?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
You mean the clear plastic covers that have the shape of an open crown hat including brim, to be used for protecting a hat from dust when stored in the open?

Capas Headwear has them. I can't find it on their website, but they do sell them in packs of 50 pieces. Just give them a call or email them.
Here's the website:
http://www.capasheadwear.com/

froguy

New in Town
You mean the clear plastic covers that have the shape of an open crown hat including brim, to be used for protecting a hat from dust when stored in the open?

Capas Headwear has them. I can't find it on their website, but they do sell them in packs of 50 pieces. Just give them a call or email them.
Here's the website:
http://www.capasheadwear.com/

That's what I was looking for. Called them and they were willing to sell me 100 minimum even though it was below their minimum purchase. Nice people. Wanted to know if I had that many hats and if I wore them all.
Since I ordered more than I need if anyone wants a smaller quantity, just let me know and I'm sure we can make a deal. Thanks again for the tip.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
That's what I was looking for. Called them and they were willing to sell me 100 minimum even though it was below their minimum purchase. Nice people. Wanted to know if I had that many hats and if I wore them all.
Since I ordered more than I need if anyone wants a smaller quantity, just let me know and I'm sure we can make a deal. Thanks again for the tip.

You're welcome. I got the tip for this source from a Lounger myself, didn't know where to find those plastic covers either. It's still the only online source I know of. It seems they don't ship overseas, so especially the old world Loungers might be interested in your offer to split the 100 bunch. I had 50 pieces sent to me in an arrangement like this, too.

flat-top

I'm sure you gents can help me out...
This is a RRL hat from Ebay. The seller does not show really any good pics, but I think I like what I see. He's referring to it as a "Farmboy" hat.
011.jpg

That is honestly the only shot of the full hat. The rest are of the seller's face close up wearing it just showing the brim.

Problem is, he wants $295 for it. I'm not willing to spend that much.
Does anyone know what type of hat this is? ANd is there something out there similar and more affordable?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Its possible to find a NOS hat which has not been creased. But virtually all modern made hats are blocked with the crease.

If you go custom, you can request that it be left open crown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou