Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Hey just found this on Ebay....Does Anyone know about Beaver Brand Hats???http://www.ebay.com/itm/111840714114?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Beaver Brand did make some nice hats, but they also made many types of hat qualities across the market. From what I've been able to learn, Beaver Brand hats can be anything from woolies to high end beaver fur hats. I own one, and it's wool, as it is in their "Basic" quality. Others on here have shown some very nice lids from BB. I think, when buying, you have to be careful to ascertain the quality level before you make an offer. Most of the ones on eBay are from the liquidation Joao mentioned.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
That is a nice liner Joao! Chuck already gave me some good advice and I will give it a try this weekend. Wish me luck! If it looks decent then I'll post a picture. For now it will be just a solid color as I have some quality silk that I am going to be using.
I was going to thank you on your compliment but it all goes to Chuck.
I asked for a liner for a 6" crown and he delivered what I wanted.

RJR

There are several threads re Beaver Brand(and several private labels) here.Major Moore (Buckaroo Hatters),RBH and several others attended the closeout auction,reported on it and acquired a fair number of blocks,etc.

Wesley Bernardin

New in Town
Can anyone help me identify my late grandfathers Stallion by Stetson hat?

IMG_2607.JPG IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2612.JPG IMG_2613.JPG

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks !

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I think Stallion Stetson hat line was a entry level hat line.
Most I found are XX wool hats. Looks like there were some XXX but still wool. Now it seems to be a straw hat line.
Don't know when Stetson "created" Stallion hats so yours could be a wool-bunny mix or wool. Is there a paper tag behind the sweatband?

Wesley Bernardin

New in Town
There is, F0040 FLASH is the style , color:601 S belly , brim 312, ticket no. H39577, size 7-3/8 ... however I can't find anything that looks like this, specifically inside the hat as well as the badge + leather of the sweat band, and the 6 layered hat band with the flowers.

davidd

New in Town
Does anyone here know what make and model of fedora musician Roger McGuinn wears onstage? It's a black fedora with a wide black ribbon and a fairly wide brim.
On McGuinn's blog there's an entry noting that back in 2012, he headed out on the road and forgot his hat. He stopped in at Hats Plus in Chicago and picked up a replacement.
Looking at the Hats-Plus.com web site, it looks like McGuinn's hat might be the Bailey Dynafelt Bogart Fedora, but I'm not sure if the brim is wide enough.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
There is, F0040 FLASH is the style , color:601 S belly , brim 312, ticket no. H39577, size 7-3/8 ... however I can't find anything that looks like this, specifically inside the hat as well as the badge + leather of the sweat band, and the 6 layered hat band with the flowers.
Hard to tell based on pictures. Only handling the hat a person can tell if it's wool or bunny. Don't believe it have any beaver.
If you live near a western wear or hatter store, take the hat there and maybe they can tell you something more.

Mormonopoly

Familiar Face
I've been selling vintage clothing for a while, but have never thought much about hats. Recently, however, I picked up five vintage fedoras that based on all of the guides here date from the 1940s-70s, two stetsons, three borsalinos. The problem is that some of them don't seem to have a size tag. Is there a way to determine the size of a hat? Thanks!

I've been selling vintage clothing for a while, but have never thought much about hats. Recently, however, I picked up five vintage fedoras that based on all of the guides here date from the 1940s-70s, two stetsons, three borsalinos. The problem is that some of them don't seem to have a size tag. Is there a way to determine the size of a hat? Thanks!

#1 - Look behind the sweat band for additional tags. On Stetsons, the older ones were at the rear of the hat, affixed to the felt. They may contain information such as size, block used, crown height, re-order number, etc. I think they're on the side in Borsalinos, but I don't know.
#2 - Measure the head opening front-to-back, and side-to-side. Then go here to find the circumference. That can be translated on a size chart.
#3 - The hardest. Use a cloth tape to measure the actual circumference of the head opening. Gravity has a way of making this difficult.

RJR

Mormonopoly,if all else fails,run masking tape around the inside if the sweatband.Mark where it intersects,remove it,lay it flat and measure.Pretty accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran