Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
Gary White is doing well. I just ordered a hat from him. He is backed up at least one month in orders. Tell him Dennis from Vermont sent you. Very highly recommended, quality and economy wise.

DRB

One Too Many
Is there a way to change in my personal preferences the black background and white letters. I would like to reverse it , if it is possible. Not being critical. I love this forum! Anyone know?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Is there a way to change in my personal preferences the black background and white letters. I would like to reverse it , if it is possible. Not being critical. I love this forum! Anyone know?

You should be able to do that by changing the settings on your personal web browser. Most will allow you to select preferred text and background color settings.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Question for all you CD owners....

.... is there another US source for this style of Akubra? DM does not, and states that they have no current plans to offer it here. I'd like to find a stateside supplier rather than go thru the "import" business from Australia unless that is the only way :)

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Like to say that I like the new look.....
.... but do miss the listing of memebers on the Forum at the bottom, though I'm a member of other forums and because of trolls most don't do this anymore so I can understand the change. I do have a question though : I realize I'm a new member and mabe this is why I cannot access some of the threads in tha stickey area of this Forum? When would I be able to access ALL of the Forum?

DRB

One Too Many
It seems the forum management was reading/listening. I can now choose to read with black letters and white background. Thank You. You guys are the best!

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
I can't sucessfully post images. Have checked out the FAQ, but have been unable to find the "Manage Attachments" icon.
At the bottom of my page there's the Posting Permissions box, but it states "you may not post attachments", even though it says code is on.

There isn't a rule that no one with fewer than a certain number of posts can attach images is there?

cheers

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone direct me to pictures of vintage Akubra hats? By that I mean from the 40s or earlier. Are any posted here on the Lounge? Know of any posted elsewhere?​

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I can't sucessfully post images. Have checked out the FAQ, but have been unable to find the "Manage Attachments" icon.
At the bottom of my page there's the Posting Permissions box, but it states "you may not post attachments", even though it says code is on.

There isn't a rule that no one with fewer than a certain number of posts can attach images is there?

cheers[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, no one can post attachments. You have to just include the image url from the host website between the [img] codes.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
What shape do you want the brims to be?

Thats a good question. I guess I want a fairly standard up-in-back, down-in-front look, but not as pronounced. iow, more relaxed than what my snap-brims provide. So, if I remove the binding, will the brim be shapable at all? I guess the only people to know this would be those who have done it, whether while changing a binding, before installing the new one.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Scottyrocks,I really do want to keep wearing a fedora,but not if they dont look right on me.I to remember the days when you could go into your local hat store and try on a hat,but those are far and few between.It seems many hats are sized in the Sm,Md,Lg way now

Ive purchased a bunch of hats over the years that I thought looked anywhere from ok-to-good on me, but it wasnt until I discovered the proportions of the Akubra Fed III and IVs that I am truly happy with the look of a fedora on my head. Pretty much all my other hats now sit in closets, unworn. And I bought my first Akubra on faith - there was nowhere to go to try one on before purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn