Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
We have a hat storage thread on here that may help. Most of us with larger collections (mine's medium at 60+) have a tendency to spread them out. I have a hat tree for my high rotations, hooks for medium and overflow, and boxes for off-season and real collectors items. I rotate many out of the boxes seasonally.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I guess my collection is relatively puny at 30 hats....mine are all kept in boxes stacked in the closet. My wife has drawn a no go line and I am not allowed to encroach on any more of her closet territory so I may have reached my max. The boxes are either hat boxes or a hard cardboard box that I buy at Michaels for $6 with an integral lid and a Velcro closure.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
MrsFed got tired of all the boxes and actually suggested a retail store display rack... so I did it! This one is designed to hold 35 hats, but there are about 44 hats on there now...

i-7FdLRBT-X2.jpg

Ken David

One of the Regulars
MrsFed got tired of all the boxes and actually suggested a retail store display rack... so I did it! This one is designed to hold 35 hats, but there are about 44 hats on there now...

i-7FdLRBT-X2.jpg

That is awesome Doug....I have NO way near that many hats for sure but my wife was not liking the stacked hat boxes in the bedroom. I just showed this to her this morning and it looks like this would be a perfect birthday gift for my modest collection! thanks for posting.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
That is awesome Doug....I have NO way near that many hats for sure but my wife was not liking the stacked hat boxes in the bedroom. I just showed this to her this morning and it looks like this would be a perfect birthday gift for my modest collection! thanks for posting.

That's exactly how MrsFed felt... too many boxes cluttering up the bedrooms...

It's a little wobbly, but was the least expensive on ebay at about $80 shipped to my door.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I keep mine stored like this... I enjoy the boxes almost as much as the hats inside.

The boxes are labeled with post-it notes... aside from the obvious such as Whippet,flagship,Threeway etc... so there is no digging

713fcec712e617b02b016789cade2adf.jpg

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator

fetching

New in Town
Hey there, I have a few hat blocks, #51's, Salt, and #400's. I can see subtle differences in them, but I don't know exactly what blocks are best for what hats. Where could I find more info on them (and hat blocks as they pertain to hat styles in general?) Thanks!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I keep mine stored like this... I enjoy the boxes almost as much as the hats inside.

The boxes are labeled with post-it notes... aside from the obvious such as Whippet,flagship,Threeway etc... so there is no digging

Did I say how jealous I am of your studio, bro?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

Some folks want to go to Disneyland. Me? I want to go to Ant's studio.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

NewJack

Practically Family
Sisol Straw question: As a scholar of hat collecting and shaping, etc., I purchased a (Borsalino) Sisol (Sisal) straw and was considering reshaping the crown. Is that doable without damaging the hat? I know steam works wonders (if used correctly, of course) on felt pieces. But what about straw pieces (Sisol in particular)? Second: Are there suggestions on how to generally care for them? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I'm sure this info is around here somewhere, but it didn't seem to turn up in the first few pages of my search results. Can anyone tell me what the number of the Hatter's Supply House flange that would be for a classic snap brim fedora is?

Thanks,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner