Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
. so what's the best eclipse hat????

What's your pick for the best Solar Eclipse Hat for 2017?

thinktank.jpg

I don't know where else to put this...

Anybody got plans for the eclipse on Monday, 8/21? We get about 59 seconds of "totality" and the prosess takes about 2 hours from start to finish. My PhD bro from Cali is coming up for the weekend and wants to stay with us and then drive to an area that gets double the totality, about 2 minutes. I'm guessing he's just asking to get stuck in a huge traffic jam en route and will have to watch from his car in the middle of the road.

I think I'll stay home and watch (if it's not cloudy or raining)! Although, there's a small town down the road that gets about 30 seconds more than we do.... maybe a picnic in the city park???

I'm still thinking about what hat to wear.... so what's the best eclipse hat????

I was just going to DVR it and watch it after work. What channel is it on?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I don't know where else to put this...

Anybody got plans for the eclipse on Monday, 8/21? We get about 59 seconds of "totality" and the prosess takes about 2 hours from start to finish. My PhD bro from Cali is coming up for the weekend and wants to stay with us and then drive to an area that gets double the totality, about 2 minutes. I'm guessing he's just asking to get stuck in a huge traffic jam en route and will have to watch from his car in the middle of the road.

I think I'll stay home and watch (if it's not cloudy or raining)! Although, there's a small town down the road that gets about 30 seconds more than we do.... maybe a picnic in the city park???

I'm still thinking about what hat to wear.... so what's the best eclipse hat????

Maybe an Indy hat?

i-9tGLJ82-M.jpg

A straw hat?

i-vCfGNW6-M.jpg
i-8DQfNmG-M.jpg

i-QvdkRXj-M.jpg
i-FSKNGQs-M.jpg

A Disney just because of the huge circus it's going to be, or something festive to celebrate???

i-pFmVMtN-M.jpg
i-8hXbCVB-M.jpg

We are just about directly under the path of totality in Albany, so we are going to avoid the crazy people and watch it from our back deck. I can just change hats all eclipse long until I find the perfect one.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Ok, hat question. OPS tags are seen from '51-'53. So does that mean, if it doesn't have any OPS tag, it's not from that period?
I don't think so
Especially since most of them have been taken off or fallen off
For example the Stetson OPS markings were on the outer cut out of the keyhole tag... they are not commonly still intact today

IMG_0194.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner