Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Mybro Hats gentlemen, I've googled trying to research them but all i get is My Bro which is nothing at all what i want. Does anyone have any info on Mybro hats, I believe they are probably British.

I found a reference to an old (1948) autograph in a collectables catalog relating to Myers Brothers in Leeds, makers of Mybro Hats.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
A quick search in UK Google finds a photo of Myers Bros shop in York Place, Leeds.

We'd have had a better view of the sign if the photographer had waited for the bloody bus to move!

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
Falcon Park Hattery offers a rabbit/wild hare mix that is the same price as the 100% beaver felt. Why would a person choose it over the beaver. Could it be that it's thinner and more malleable than Winchester beaver felt.

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I'm curious about what brand hat is worn by the character in Le Samourai, the 1967 Jean-Pierre Melville film. There is a part in this video in which he holds the hat so as to reveal the inside and liner, which could give you a clue. I think it's a Stetson, but it could also have been a local French maker from the time. Does anyone know if Stetson had fedoras from the mid and late '60s that had identical liners?

Screenshot2012-04-29at53236PM.png

I know this will be tricky because the image is very pixelated, but any guesses?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Falcon Park Hattery offers a rabbit/wild hare mix that is the same price as the 100% beaver felt. Why would a person choose it over the beaver. Could it be that it's thinner and more malleable than Winchester beaver felt.

You're talking about the "vintage weight" felt from Fepsa? My understanding is that it is indeed thinner.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum, and therefore my first question. Were vintage Royal Stetson hats ever offered in wool or just fur felt only? I'm looking to buy a used hat, but the seller doesn't know if it's wool or fur. The sweatband does not say. How can I confirm?

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
That Moonstone photo seems lighter than actual from what my Moonstone Fed4 looks like. JMHO

Thank you! But Moonstone is lighter than steelgrey or carbon grey? Look here-> http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-quot-steel-grey-quot-a-difficult-color/page2

Please have a look not only at the first pictures, they don't really show the color. It's more dark and there is some blue tone in it. I don't want this color again. The Moonstone should be a real grey, like my clothes, shown in the thread as well. //Edit: post number 9!

Last edited:

Kenbe

New in Town
Hoping someone might be able to help me out here. Many searches and I have not been able to find an answer.

I have an Akubra Trilby and Whippet, and each time they arrive and I take them out of the box the brims are facing upward, even at the front.

Are the brims on these styles meant to be like that or is that just the way they are made and shipped?

Thanks in advance.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hoping someone might be able to help me out here. Many searches and I have not been able to find an answer.

I have an Akubra Trilby and Whippet, and each time they arrive and I take them out of the box the brims are facing upward, even at the front.

Are the brims on these styles meant to be like that or is that just the way they are made and shipped?

Thanks in advance.

You can bend them down in the front and shape them to taste. Welcome! :yo:

rocknroper

New in Town
Brimfield flea market

Hi
I'm going to Brimfield flea market M.A soon, and was wondering if anyone on the lounge can suggest the best field or dealers to check out for mens vintage hats and clothing?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
My Wife just scored a vintage resistol open road hat for me, however the hat is about the dirtiest hat I have ever seen! Has ground in grease and overall filth everywhere. As I am still stuck in a wheelchair, I am not going to go out and soak the hat or try to clean it up. So now, who do I send this hat to have it cleaned? I would prefer to not send it to "clean-a-hats" if someone knows a faster route to go? I contacted Henry the Hatter and they are fairly slow, two to three weeks waiting time per hat cleaning only done in "batches", although I do know they are good at cleaning a felt hat....any ideas??? thanks!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
My Wife just scored a vintage resistol open road hat for me, however the hat is about the dirtiest hat I have ever seen! Has ground in grease and overall filth everywhere. As I am still stuck in a wheelchair, I am not going to go out and soak the hat or try to clean it up. So now, who do I send this hat to have it cleaned? I would prefer to not send it to "clean-a-hats" if someone knows a faster route to go? I contacted Henry the Hatter and they are fairly slow, two to three weeks waiting time per hat cleaning only done in "batches", although I do know they are good at cleaning a felt hat....any ideas??? thanks!

Optimo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo