Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
This fedora is something what i looking for, do you know how long it takes to US?
If you check the listing again, just below the "price" section you'll see under "Delivery" it states "This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 14 business days". As of right now the delivery estimate is between June 23 and June 30, so I'd guess roughly one month.

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
This fedora is something what i looking for, do you know how long it takes to US?

Hey Christopher, I just ordered one of the Sterkowski fedoras on Saturday the 31st of May. I just got the link from the seller for tracking the package via Polish postal service. The seller estimates that I should have it between the 23 of June and 8th of July. However, I do note that after reading quite a few of their eBay reviews, the seller got quite a few compliments on the speed of the international shipping. I will post as soon as my hat arrives.

fedoracentric

Banned
I have a cowboy hat with the brim edge ruined (it has some shallow slices into it). So, I want to have the brim cut down and a new ribbon put on.

Who is can do this sort of work?

I tried to contact Northwest Hats but they won't respond to phone calls or emails.

So, who else does good restoration work?

NOT Optimo in Chicago, though.

(I have had a few hats done at Optimo and they do great work, but they insist on cleaning and blocking every hat--and charging for it of course--even if that isn't what you want done. So I am not going back to them any more. For instance, this hat i just want trimmed and a ribbon added. I don't want it cleaned and blocked. If I send it to Chicago it will cost double what it will cost elsewhere because they refuse to do anything to a hat unless they've cleaned and blocked it first. I DO NOT want that done. Plus my $$ is tight lately so I only want done what I want done.)

JonSolo

New in Town
While searching for a computer monitor, I went to Samsung's site and saw this:
A39Fc1d.png

It's hard to tell from the angle, but unless it's been photoshopped, it looks like a decent felt. Any suggestions of where one can get a lid like the one in the photo?

humanshoes

One Too Many
Hello, all. Just completed my first hand made hat block out of poplar wood and I don't know what finish to treat it with that will withstand the heat and steam. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

John Galt

Vendor
Hello, all. Just completed my first hand made hat block out of poplar wood and I don't know what finish to treat it with that will withstand the heat and steam. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

HS, I've been using Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane on the flanges I've cleaned up with good results so far. It comes in both spray (a very nice quality rattle can sprayer) and a can. Here's the can, same label for the spray.

u5a7y4ur.jpg

humanshoes

One Too Many
Thanks, JG. This product definitely looks like it will hold up well. I spent so much time on the block I'd hate to see the finish go to hell on the first run. Rick

FrankMc

Familiar Face
Thank you job.
With the Stetson Retro, or Grade 3 straws, I have been told that a bit of wood glue inside the hat at the front of the crease will help the hat not to crack in the future, is that true and recommended?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well replying to myself as Resistol answered my question about my "Staples" Resistol:
Resistol told me that they made hats with stores logos that were selling hats. This... "service" didn't last long.
staples1.jpg

staples2.jpg

staples3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner