Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I too am a 7 3/8 and would like to add a blue/grey to my stable. What in general are you looking for? I have a light beige Stetson fedora bought from Bond on his etsy site with his trademark fedora bash.....but I have others up for trade. Drop me a PM with your "wants".
I can ship/receive from a US address and save you the hassle of customs clearance.

PM sent.

Will70

New in Town
Hello there and best of days to you!

I am thinking of one of these 2 for a summer hat.

The white calls my name but not sure if it is going to be to much for me... would the Fawn Capricorn be a better choice.

Can you add all your thoughts?

Thanks!

Will
56bc7724493c06cc812ab2bfe116db09.jpg
f8d4af6350f1d4a5a68681745f9d7f76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Let me be the first to say it: Get them both.

Now that that is out of the way, I think the fawn is the more versatile color.

Just a suggestion, rather than starting a new thread you could put these types of inquiries in the Aska a Question, Get an Answer thread. No harm this way either.

Brent

Will70

New in Town
Hello there and best of days to you!

I am thinking of one of these 2 for a summer hat.

The white calls my name but not sure if it is going to be to much for me... would the Fawn Capricorn be a better choice.

Can you add all your thoughts?

Thanks!

Will
4b169b8e74a4d9d91b9bef237552401d.jpg
4e40e86bdd85b6ba93758f1f83ca6545.jpg

Will70

New in Town
I would second the fawn for versatility, and actual straight up white can end up looking very over-the-top for any outfit.
Good call. Just the advice I need. I guess if I can not have both so O could wear the white infrequently the fawn it is.
Thanks again.

Will70

New in Town
Let me be the first to say it: Get them both.

Now that that is out of the way, I think the fawn is the more versatile color.

Just a suggestion, rather than starting a new thread you could put these types of inquiries in the Aska a Question, Get an Answer thread. No harm this way either.

Brent
Both would be ideal but I have to limit it to one and I guess the fawn would give me more options.

Thanks for the advice!

Both would be ideal but I have to limit it to one and I guess the fawn would give me more options.

Thanks for the advice!

I do like a white Panama hat, but it’s like a pair of white shoes; not very versatile. With certain outfits nothing looks better than a white hat. I think you’ll get lots of mileage from your fawn.

The Akubra Capricorn is kind of a plastic hat, and could be a real brain boiler in the heat of summer. At least that's why I think I eventually decided not to buy one.

If I am wrong I may have to change my mind and order me one up!
I have a Dobbs Milan in their plasticized paper. I love the look but it is a cooker in hot weather. Much much hotter than any of my Panama hats and even my lighter weight felts.

That's what I had suspected. Thanks for the confirmation.

I have an Akubra Country Club hat that is also made of polypropylene. It has a large area right above the pug that has an open weave so it breathes very well. It is one of my cooler wearing hats and we routinely get summer temperatures in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit. I bought it after reading how much @Chamuco liked his and he’s in some real heat down in Mexico.

If the hat breathes well and allows moisture to evaporate and body heat to dissipate, I don’t think “plastic” hats are necessarily hotter. My SunBody Guatemalan palm is my warmest wearing summer hat and my heavy hemp hats are next.

Just my personal observations.

Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy