Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the QM or not?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It seems as though the ship will still be offering hotel services, so I'm hoping that our 07' event will not be interrupted. Even so, these deals can take some time, so we might not see any changes by the time our event occurs. Our 08' event, now that might be affected. But hopefully, the plans that the new leaser has will not affect the hotel, maybe it will make it even more enjoyable to stay there.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I hope it'll work out! I told my boyfriend about it, and since getting his first issue of Classic Style he's become a big nerd (like all of you fellows!) and all he can talk about is suits and ties and hats and was really excited about the QM event. I hope his dreams won't be crushed!

Mike in Seattle

The Queen Mary will be available in November. They're not going to announce a new leasee until late summer at the earliest. Getting permits and such for any construction and modification and renovation on the ship is going to take six months to a year at best with all of the historical landmark committees & city zoning people and so forth. Besides, they have lots of long-standing corporate holiday party reservations. They'll go for doing renovations in the spring with a big high-publicity "launch" of the "New Queen Mary" before summer to attract more tourist dollars.

Just checked - they're accepting reservations for any weekend in November. Tickets are available through Ticketron for Shipwreck (their big Halloween event). If there was any chance of their being closed, it would be announced.

berrybuzz

One of the Regulars
Ok, still a bit new around here...

What is this big '07 gathering in November?
Where can I find more information on it?

Daisy Buchanan

berrybuzz said:

Check out the events section, you can at least see the thread from last years event. Basically a pretty large group of Fedora Loungers from all over the world get together in November on The Queen Mary, docked in Long Beach, Ca. for 3-4 days of vintage everything. It's a wonderful time filled with great people, cool classes, tours, dinners, dancing, everything that makes an incredible weekend. It is planned and hosted by MK. It is truly a wonderful time, and every year it gets bigger and better. This event can't be missed, even if the next time we visit the ship there is a large water park and shopping center next to it:(

BegintheBeguine

Full Steam Ahead

Wherever it is, whenever it is, I will be there. My hubby must be feeling very guilty about the financial woes he put me through last year, or maybe he did some other bad thing I don't know about, because today he said he will pay for my ticket. :D That eases the pain.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I haven't been to the Queen Mary since, well, before the "Spruce Goose" was permanently parked in the lot. :D

I'll be looking forward to any information on this year's shindig.

Lee

Daisy Buchanan

MrNewportCustom said:
I haven't been to the Queen Mary since, well, before the "Spruce Goose" was permanently parked in the lot. :D

I'll be looking forward to any information on this year's shindig.

Lee

Here's a thread with pictures from Queen Mary 06'. Check it out, it'll give you a bit of an idea of what happens when a group of Fedora Loungers get together and raid a vintage ocean liner! Lots of fun, laughs, great people, and some love connections too;)
I was surprised at how many people went to last years gathering. I think there must have been at least double if not more than the QM 05'. I have a feeling QM 07' will be record breaking. At least I'm assuming that because the Fedora Lounge is growing astronomically. It's gonna be a grand time. I know I'm already thinking about wardrobe options, and I have a feeling some of the other lounger ladies are too:eek: Oh it would be perfect if I could find a steamer trunk. I think this year I might just ship my stuff there so I don't have to drag my gargantuan suitcase across the country!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, DB. I'll view the link you provided as soon as I post this.

Sending your luggage FedEx or UPS is a good idea. A lot of cyclists who travel by plane send their bikes that way. Make prior arrangements with your hotel and ship your bags directly there. Be sure you know how long it'll take your bags to be shipped, and try to get it there the day before you arrive. The better hotels will store it for you.

Lee

Tony in Tarzana

berrybuzz said:

Just imagine the last great ocean liner that remains afloat, her decks alive with dozens and dozens of gentlemen in suits and fedoras, and dozens and dozens of ladies in their vintage finest.

Oh, and entirely by coincidence a ghost-hunter's convention complete with late-night radio host George Noory happening at the same time. lol lol lol

It was perhaps the best weekend I ever spent in my life. :)

Feraud

Bartender
Tony in Tarzana said:
Just imagine the last great ocean liner that remains afloat, her decks alive with dozens and dozens of gentlemen in suits and fedoras, and dozens and dozens of ladies in their vintage finest.

Oh, and entirely by coincidence a ghost-hunter's convention complete with late-night radio host George Noory happening at the same time. lol lol lol

Add a couple of drunk swingers at the bar and being rained upon by torillas. :)

Daisy Buchanan

Tony in Tarzana said:

Oh, you explained it perfectly! But, you left out Tammy!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR