Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Aviator" shirts

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Benny Holiday said:
The back treatment says '1950s', the collar says '1980s'
:eusa_clap Ding...Ding....Ding...We have a winner!:eusa_clap I remember these shirts at Barney's circa 1985.

Edward

Bartender
These look cool.... different, as is said. I've love to see how one of these wsould look worn with a period-style leather jacket. The khaki Magnoli would look especially sharp with something like an Aero Highwayman, or even an Indy style jacket. I can see that aviator look only being enhance by wearing one with the neck button open and a scarlet cravat, or maybe even a white silk scary tucked in there. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
I like this one.

Benny Holiday said:
This next shirt is simply a gab shirt with a straight zipper to fasten the front rather than buttons, but the zipper and long collar is reminiscent of an aviator shirt, and I wonder if it was inspired by them?
40szippershirt1.jpg

40szippershirt2.jpg

The shirt above actually looks like it could be worn as an everyday functunal shirt rather than a costume item. I like the Camp Shirt styling and the wind flap which is very interesting.

theinterchange

One Too Many
I'll be honest, if I came across one that fit and was in a color that suited me, I'd wear it. It looks pretty cool to me, but I can see the Monkees comment. ha

Randy

Jay

Practically Family
Neat...

but I can't help but think it looks like a tucked-in trench coat. I'd probably wear one, though. They're certainly different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy