Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Awesome AL Cafe Racer in Black HH

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
lol I'm a guy but it doesn't matter. Sure, any part will do, I'm just interested about this type of HH.

You did ask for that with your pic. I’m glad to see she’s taking an interest in the threads now BTW and hasn't got her back turned. Actually I know of a couple of people on other forums I visit who have girls names as handles. One is his daughter’s name apparently and is very girly. He has endless hassle explaining he’s a feller to new members...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
lol I'm a guy but it doesn't matter. Sure, any part will do, I'm just interested about this type of HH.

It's the same hide as my CR, so you can always check that out.

But better pictures would be nice, we like pictures around here...

You did ask for that with your pic. I’m glad to see she’s taking an interest in the threads now BTW and hasn't got her back turned. Actually I know of a couple of people on other forums I visit who have girls names as handles. One is his daughter’s name apparently and is very girly. He has endless hassle explaining he’s a feller to new members...

lol It's been interesting lately, that got her attention. But you're right - I was kind of hoping people'd recognize her though yeah, it's not that we see much of Joan anymore lately.

Carlos, that's the leather they're using exclusively, right? What's the difference between Warhawk and the standard CXL FQHH? Looks very much alike.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
lol It's been interesting lately, that got her attention. But you're right - I was kind of hoping people'd recognize her though yeah, it's not that we see much of Joan anymore lately.

Carlos, that's the leather they're using exclusively, right? What's the difference between Warhawk and the standard CXL FQHH? Looks very much alike.

They mostly offer the Warhawk and the new Clayton which i haven't seen.

I don't have a jacket made of CXL, but i do own a belt made from it, which is the same weight you would use for a jacket (a bit thin for a belt, but i did it to practice my stitching).
The Warhawk is a lot waxier and has worst colour retention. Both are black top coat on a brown hide, but the WH feels like it was rubbed with black wax, whereas the CXL feels more painted on and has much better colour retention.
The CXL is very smooth with a nice sheen, with little friction when you rub it, whereas the WH is almost mate, very waxy to the touch and feels like you are rubbing a candle.
If you were to rub a folded seam with your thumb on CXL you woudln't achieve anything, do the same on WH and you can see the black fade and the brown come through very fast.
Wearing a backpack on WH will literally remover the colour in no time and you will end up with brown shoulders. My CXL belt on the other hand has barely lost its colour at all.

The good thing is that if you scratch WH you can literally blend the scratch in with your finger, and it will pretty much disappear, not so on the CXL.

Basically, i think the WH was designed as a quick aging leather, the CXL isn't.

This is true for the black one, for some reason i feel like the brown CXL is closer to the black WH...

polygraphmark

New in Town
I am so sorry. I am new and the picture messed me up. I took a picture here with my computer. Again my sincere apologies from a dumbass (me).
Warhawk black HH.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

Sadly, poor Joan has had so much work done that she doesn't really look much like herself nowadays - my other half was due to interview her for the Runaways film, and while it didn't happen, she received promo shots which showed her looking somewhat *stretched*.

I am so sorry. I am new and the picture messed me up. I took a picture here with my computer. Again my sincere apologies from a dumbass (me). View attachment 44688

Hey, the fault is entirely on me, having a chick on an avatar! It's really no problem, Mark, seriously! :D I don't mind in the least bit. That's Joan Jett, the lady on my avatar, a guitarist and a singer.

Thanks for the photo! Looks like a very nice hide, and certainly more pliable than the Aero CXL HH, exactly like you've said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails