Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BARBISIO Brothers

Is that what it was known as here? I am pretty sure it wouldn't be classified as such in Italy or Europe. It's definitely based on a Alpini.

I checked mine which (old stock from a shop in Augsburg, Germany) and it is also called a Rimini (northeast Italian coastal town). Here is mine.

3636642856_51a0ae488b_b.jpg

Ron Mack

New in Town
Hi mayserwegener ,

Thanks you and the other forum members for your reply's. Thats a very nice hat indeed. i like the sweatband and the bounded edge. Thanks again everyone

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Bollman had the license in the late 1980's so the quality isn't too bad. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

new2hats

A-List Customer
I paid $54 plus shipping. It is alright, I will keep it and wear it. It seems softer than the Dobbs, Knox etc. otherwise very comparable to them.

Should I stop here, or is a true Barbisio worth the hunt?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
You want to look for pre 1980's Barbisio hats as these were actually made by the original company. The newer ones from Italy are made by Cervo.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barbisio Panama Bollman, South America or Italy?

I've not yet received it so I dunno what info may be on the sweat.
There are just enough imperfections & variations in the straw to make me believe it to be a genuine Panama, sewn brim aside.
Vintage. Nothing like that being produced now. Looks nice enough though. A welcome addition.

Cuenca or Monti?
Opinions?
Observations?
Insights? [huh]

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Steve,
in the video they stated that they put in action very old machinery in order to show how an hat born.
It was a sort of revival. I think they use more modern tools to made the modern hats.
About this I saw, on the web, here the links http://www.scenariomag.it/barbisio-autunno-inverno-2014-2015/ http://www.ilblogdelmarchese.com/barbisio-cappelli-autunno-inverno-2014-2015/ the presentation of the new collection and they introduce a new way to put colours on the felt.
Hats are nice, but the ribbons are, IMO, too froufrou :eusa_doh:

Daniele, I saw they are making a "Green -> Vegetable Felt" :) hat. Thanks for the info regarding the video. There are some modern forming machines (the ones that form the entire hat) in the video. It would be interesting to know if they are making their own felt like in the video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy