Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BATTER UP!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
A Kodak moment!

Ty Cobb.png

Last edited:

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
A couple of my replica hats; the Black Sox being a particular historical interest to me, here's the 1917 and 1920 style WS caps, along with a vintage catcher's mitt...I also have some 30s, 40s and 50s Yankees style hats, and several other gloves.
4d1a4c4efce9b3bce6874ccb5143d4b0.jpg

Rob

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
My autographed photo of John Cusack, who played Buck Weaver in the director John Sayles' 1988 movie "Eight Men Out", a take on the Elliot Asinof's 1963 book of the same name. I've got Michael Rooker, DB Sweeney and John Sayles' autographs lying around here too, somewhere.
a415e98a08d49002f4054b49119b03d1.jpg

Rob

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Lol! I keep a bat (a Derek Jeter LS) by our bed, as well as this, for home invasion protection...I'm fortunate to not have had to use either one, in that circumstance.
41710fb867062322b89bdf0ec695b1cc.jpg

Rob

On the night stand, my 12” toothpick.
Bowie knife.jpg

Nearby, Fred Perry all-wood racquet,
a Mauser with 7.57mm cartridges.
imageedit_5_2617081783.jpg

I have a cat that alerts me when someone is approaching.
Only thing is that he cannot tell the difference between a
mouse or a human. To him they are all the same. :(

Last edited:
I also keep a Carl Yastrzemski-model Louisville Slugger next to my bed, in case some junkie breaks into the house and I can't reach the gun in the nightstand in time.

I have a dozen or so bats lying around the house in various rooms, mostly just because, well, I like having bats around. Mrs. Hawk doesn't seem to mind, so long as the ones particularly loaded up with pine tar are left outside. I do keep a 34-inch model under the bed and a Beretta 9mm in the nightstand.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
A Thompson is actually better than the M16 in dense vegetation. ...don't know about bedroom CKZs.;)
Lol...the way I shoot ("spray and pray"), I'd probably do more damage to the inside of my house, than anything else.

But, at least it would scare the perp...even though I'd be digging 45 slugs out for weeks. :D

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy