Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Battle of Britain Chapel to be closed

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't say quickly. The Battle of Britain was 75 years ago. Not many of the original combatants are even alive.

Edward

Bartender
I wouldn't say quickly. The Battle of Britain was 75 years ago. Not many of the original combatants are even alive.

Certainly many fewer than was the case even ten years ago. It would seem a shame to lose what is a historic monument from which we learn as much as - if not more than - about the culture of those who erected it as about those in whose honour they did so. If not for it's historical status I might feel rather different, but then I myself am from a time and culture where the overlap of religion, national identity and militarism has been rather an explosive cocktail.

hatguy1

One Too Many

True, but certainly the world has kept shrines, statues, memorial buildings and whatnot going for other historical figures/events for far longer than a mere 75 years....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters